Evolution Spa 60/madrid Lots Of Problems

mcgilles

I've had this thing less than a year and it has been a nightmare already.

one day when going to maintain the chemicals the spa water was cold, control panel dead. the breaker was tripped, I reset and it tripped immediately. did some diagnostics and found the main board to be bad (short between L1 and N) it was replaced, but it took several phone calls. strong industries never called me back and I had to keep calling until someone finally sent the stupid part.

now it will power up again and I refilled the spa. now I'm getting all kinds of error messages and the spa will not run.

at first I had an airblock error code, followed the instructions in the manual and cleared it. after that some water was being pushed out of the jets.

the pump seems stuck in low mode, it won't go on high. I'm getting other codes now related to low water flow and there was one for temperature mismatch from different temp sensors. the manual says this could be related to insufficient water flow.

when the pump runs it is making an abnormal noise. sounds like a rattle or something like that. I'll have to contact strong again I know. I wish they didn't ignore every e-mail I sent to their support address, that would be much easier. Looking for any info that might help. and how does one prime the pump? the manual makes reference to priming the pump, but an explanation of what that means and how to do it is not included.

thanks.

one day when going to maintain the chemicals the spa water was cold, control panel dead. the breaker was tripped, I reset and it tripped immediately. did some diagnostics and found the main board to be bad (short between L1 and N) it was replaced, but it took several phone calls. strong industries never called me back and I had to keep calling until someone finally sent the stupid part.

now it will power up again and I refilled the spa. now I'm getting all kinds of error messages and the spa will not run.

at first I had an airblock error code, followed the instructions in the manual and cleared it. after that some water was being pushed out of the jets.

the pump seems stuck in low mode, it won't go on high. I'm getting other codes now related to low water flow and there was one for temperature mismatch from different temp sensors. the manual says this could be related to insufficient water flow.

when the pump runs it is making an abnormal noise. sounds like a rattle or something like that. I'll have to contact strong again I know. I wish they didn't ignore every e-mail I sent to their support address, that would be much easier. Looking for any info that might help. and how does one prime the pump? the manual makes reference to priming the pump, but an explanation of what that means and how to do it is not included.

thanks.

Where did you buy it? Those tubs are made cheap to meet a price point for big chain type stores. If you got it from Costco bring it back and go see a reputable dealer for your tub.

thanks.

Where did you buy it? Those tubs are made cheap to meet a price point for big chain type stores. If you got it from Costco bring it back and go see a reputable dealer for your tub.

I'm pretty sure the Evolution line is only sold through Costco. Have you had a tech out to assist your troubleshooting? If you're at your wits end and truly unhappy with your purchase, return it to Costco.

DK117

thanks.

I understand some buyers take care of the small issues thmeselves, sometimes with parts sent by Strong, but I thought that Strong would arrange to send someone out to diagnose / repair if it was more involved. Have you asked them to send someone out for a problem that certainly seems more complex than the minor ones that most people address?