I Feel So Stupid... A Story About My Non-Functional Jets.

belome

So, I bought my tub used. From the day I bought it the back corner seat jets never worked. I just assumed something was broken.

[Yeah, you know where I'm going with this.]

Well, the other day one of the jets on the front popped out. I was diddling with it (intoxicatedly) trying to get it to spin, I eventually got it popped back in. Sometime after that, I realized that the jet had quit working. What the heck. Did I put it in wrong?

So I was contemplating a post on here asking for advice. But Sunday night I (sober) decided to see what I could figure out. So, I popped the jet back out... felt around and realized you can't reach in (I thought maybe something was blocking it.) So then I start trying to gently wiggle the outside of the jet to see if it would pop off somehow.

Low and behold a trickle of water comes out. I then slapped my forehead and gave it a twist. DUH!

So, I turn off pump 1 and turn on pump 2. Go to the corner thats not working Twist them and NOTHING. I'm like what the heck, I thought I figured it out. I turn off pump 2 and with my head hung in shame and turn pump 1 back on. Viola, the back corner is now working.

So, it all makes sense. I bought it from a couple, they sat in the front, and obvoiusly had turned the back jets off.

I figured you guys would get a kick out of my woes. [i've had the tub for several months]

On a more serious note, I have a 98 Sundance and it has some of the spinny jets, but they rarely ever spin. Is there a trick to making them work like they should?

So, I bought my tub used. From the day I bought it the back corner seat jets never worked. I just assumed something was broken.

[Yeah, you know where I'm going with this.]

Well, the other day one of the jets on the front popped out. I was diddling with it (intoxicatedly) trying to get it to spin, I eventually got it popped back in. Sometime after that, I realized that the jet had quit working. What the heck. Did I put it in wrong?

So I was contemplating a post on here asking for advice. But Sunday night I (sober) decided to see what I could figure out. So, I popped the jet back out... felt around and realized you can't reach in (I thought maybe something was blocking it.) So then I start trying to gently wiggle the outside of the jet to see if it would pop off somehow.

Low and behold a trickle of water comes out. I then slapped my forehead and gave it a twist. DUH!

So, I turn off pump 1 and turn on pump 2. Go to the corner thats not working Twist them and NOTHING. I'm like what the heck, I thought I figured it out. I turn off pump 2 and with my head hung in shame and turn pump 1 back on. Viola, the back corner is now working.

So, it all makes sense. I bought it from a couple, they sat in the front, and obvoiusly had turned the back jets off.

I figured you guys would get a kick out of my woes. [i've had the tub for several months]

On a more serious note, I have a 98 Sundance and it has some of the spinny jets, but they rarely ever spin. Is there a trick to making them work like they should?

Take all the spinny jets out and soak them overnight or longer in Vinager. Rinse them off good and see it they work. Or don't rinse them off get some fish sticks and enjoy!