Laz Boy Spas

Poolman18

They are not being manufactured by Premium Leisure. They are being made by a well respect manufacturer, Hydropool Industries out of Mississauga , Ontario.

Hydropool Industries signed the licsencing agreement last year. If the tubs are built with the same integrity that is put into their Self Clean and Serenity line up, then they should have a winner

Lets not use the word integrity since hydropool was sold to a private equity firm a couple yrs ago. The lazyboy name has already been tainted when tatumn picked them up then folded. Now this group decided "hey lazyboy is a recognizable named, we can make money just by licensing." Now Hydropool/lazyboy(licensing in name only) is nothing now but a shell of a company that used to build good tubs.

Sorry, its been like a year having to remember about Hydropool ownership structure before their "debt elimination"(bankruptcy) with Kilmer Capital Fund. It can be found with this topic from this forum a year ago www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23621 & I will stick to the statement of used to build good tubs a few years back I worked for a dealer that was doing close to 100 hydropool tubs a year for multiple years then it started to be warranty issue after warranty issue. That dealer no longer carries them. Lazy boy is a marketable name nothing else the moulds look the same from when tatumn had them IMO they have a cramped design & are nothing special. When you pick up someones throw aways its highly unlikely you can make a success out of it. The people who will buy are the ones who dont do their research before buying. Once an educated consumer sees they were already a collapsed brand they'll pass. It really seems they will be "quality" when they cant even launch a complete website.

Lets not use the word integrity since hydropool was sold to a private equity firm a couple yrs ago. The lazyboy name has already been tainted when tatumn picked them up then folded. Now this group decided "hey lazyboy is a recognizable named, we can make money just by licensing." Now Hydropool/lazyboy(licensing in name only) is nothing now but a shell of a company that used to build good tubs.

pretty much sums it up...there pricing reflects it as well, even if you bypass the MSRP prices and login to there website and view the "factory direct pricing" its a complete joke...10k for a 2 person spa? really? good luck with that

Personally I find the use of the branding name"LaZBoy" laughable. It has absolutely NO bearing on the quality of the spa or its seating. Its somewhat of a slap in the face that people will be naive enough to put value in that nme for the spa yet I know it probably works to some degree with some people. It could just as well be called a Campbell's Soup spa or Goodyear spa lol.

I am going to have to disagree. IMHO if we are talking about the same site http://lazboyspas.com/index.html it has a nice design and flows extremely well. While the prices are MSRP which is a grossed up full list , it doesn't mean anything. It is just a base price from which the dealers receive there discount from.

I have had customers come into my store and tell me that a Beachcomber , Dynasty or a Hot Spring is listed at $15,000 and they can have it for $8999

I have various price 2010 price lists for most of the major manufactorer's and all of there top models are around the same price.

I am going to have to disagree. IMHO if we are talking about the same site http://lazboyspas.com/index.html it has a nice design and flows extremely well. While the prices are MSRP which is a grossed up full list , it doesn't mean anything. It is just a base price from which the dealers receive there discount from.

I have had customers come into my store and tell me that a Beachcomber , Dynasty or a Hot Spring is listed at $15,000 and they can have it for $8999

I have various price 2010 price lists for most of the major manufactorer's and all of there top models are around the same price.

Flows really well?? Its not even complete. Thats why when you try to get real info from the site http://lazboyspas.com/under-construction.html comes up. The only Beachcomber that is listed at that price would be a 750SE tub and dealer cost is more than 10K so I dont believe the hearsay on that.

Really blurry text, image tags, using pixelated .jpgs, broken lnks, 'under construction' in more than one spot, live chat saying 'not available, coming fall 2010.' in the Winter of 2011.

Its not a good website. Especially from a retailer who, based on their posted MSRPs, fancies themselves as a high end brand. I dont expect every spa dealer to have a dealer local to me, but I do expect those that do not, but wish to be taken seriously, to have even a little bit of polish to their public facing marketing materials. It doesnt have to be flashy, just clean and functional.I do understand that MSRP is just that, the SUGGESTED retail price. But 11k suggested retail on a 2 person spa? Really? I expect to negotiate, but La Z Boy wouldnt appreciate if I walked in and started at 2k for their 2 person spa, so why shouldnt I scoff at them starting at 11k?