Hotsprings Prodigy And Jetsetter- Price

I have been researching different manufacturers of hot tubs and have become very much educated and persuaded that the hotsprings model is the overall best product that is on the market. I was going back and forth between hotsprings and jacuzzi because of some of the features that jacuzzi offered that a salesmen told me about the bottom of the hot tub, but after speaking with the hotsprings sales men found that this really isn't an issue with tubs. So now the question is price? I have been quoted a 2006 Prodigy for $6,300 this includes the cover to the tub and a chemical start up kit (steps and lifter extra). I have also been quoted on the 2006 Jetsetter for $5,999 which includes the cover for the tub and a chemical start up kit also (steps and lifter extra). The company that I am buying from also includes with the purchase the electrical box and delivery for free. I am in the Virginia Beach area and wondering if this price is competitive and accurate since it is a 2006 model. The purchase of the hot tub is for therapeutic purposes since I am a very active athelete. Any comments, suggestions on the above would be greatly appreciated.

I have been researching different manufacturers of hot tubs and have become very much educated and persuaded that the hotsprings model is the overall best product that is on the market. I was going back and forth between hotsprings and jacuzzi because of some of the features that jacuzzi offered that a salesmen told me about the bottom of the hot tub, but after speaking with the hotsprings sales men found that this really isn't an issue with tubs. So now the question is price? I have been quoted a 2006 Prodigy for $6,300 this includes the cover to the tub and a chemical start up kit (steps and lifter extra). I have also been quoted on the 2006 Jetsetter for $5,999 which includes the cover for the tub and a chemical start up kit also (steps and lifter extra). The company that I am buying from also includes with the purchase the electrical box and delivery for free. I am in the Virginia Beach area and wondering if this price is competitive and accurate since it is a 2006 model. The purchase of the hot tub is for therapeutic purposes since I am a very active athelete. Any comments, suggestions on the above would be greatly appreciated.

In Maine this August I paid $6,000 for my Jetsetter with cover, lifter, startup chemicals, elec box, step, delivery, and setup. Included 5% sales tax.

In Maine this August I paid $6,000 for my Jetsetter with cover, lifter, startup chemicals, elec box, step, delivery, and setup. Included 5% sales tax.

What do you think of your jetsetter as a therapeutic tub? Have you had any problems with it? And what does your electric run? The dealer has a guarantee that none of their tubs will go over $20 a month or they will pay the difference in your electric bill just curious. What do you think of the jets?

There are many spas, that have better therapy and better quality for the same or less money. I would not just buy the first thing that comes along no matter how many people have bought into the sales pitch. The sales pitch is full of deception, that can easily be checked out by anyone with knowledge of the world.

Do some research about spas and take some time, because you are not going to change spas that often, and you will be stuck with it unless you are wealthy enough to do so. The fact that you are on the net asking these questions shows that you have some degree of intelligence and don't just follow the crowd of sheep.

What do you think of your jetsetter as a therapeutic tub? Have you had any problems with it? And what does your electric run? The dealer has a guarantee that none of their tubs will go over $20 a month or they will pay the difference in your electric bill just curious. What do you think of the jets?

My electric went up about $30 last month. I'm in New England, so it is a bit more in the winter months. August was about $18.

We love our Jetsetter. It meets our needs perfectly, the jets are great. The only problem we had was a minor leak and that turned out to be the drain valve not being closed and the cap being loose. User error.

Our dealer has been great. The tub is a big part of the equation obviously, but make sure your dealer 1) is local, 2) has been in business for years, and 3) you trust. Don't buy over the Internet. Service is extremely important. Hot Spring is a quality brand, don't listen to the delusional rants of some with a personal agenda.

There are other good tubs in the Jetsetter size / price range. Find the one that you are comfortable in and that has excellent local dealer support. Then enjoy!

My electric went up about $30 last month. I'm in New England, so it is a bit more in the winter months. August was about $18.

We love our Jetsetter. It meets our needs perfectly, the jets are great. The only problem we had was a minor leak and that turned out to be the drain valve not being closed and the cap being loose. User error.

Our dealer has been great. The tub is a big part of the equation obviously, but make sure your dealer 1) is local, 2) has been in business for years, and 3) you trust. Don't buy over the Internet. Service is extremely important. Hot Spring is a quality brand, don't listen to the delusional rants of some with a personal agenda.

There are other good tubs in the Jetsetter size / price range. Find the one that you are comfortable in and that has excellent local dealer support. Then enjoy!

I agree. One should not listen to delusional people who have no basis in reality for their statements, nor do they have any open mindness and are delusional because they like to believe in fairy tales.

The Hot Spring spa is just about as cheaply made as possible and I describe it as a dog dressed in a tuxedo trying to appear more that what it is. The "tuxedo" is the marketing and lies used to create the illusion of quality. If you talk with many service people who are not attached to Hot Spring you will hear a different story. The parts are a rip off when the thing is out of warranty.

I don't like these liars in our business. Business is down because of all these fake promises from spa companies. They left the industry in a bad state, because of their lies.

Anybody who buys a Watkins product is wasting a lot of money on a facade and an image of quality, where there is very little quality.

Look at the construction. It is a single piece of plastic vacuum formed and stuffed with foam to keep if from falling down with water. It has small jets, and not very good therapy. There are no leg jets or neck jets of any value. They are no where as "energy efficient" as they claim, and they have the poorest filter system in the industry. Other than that, they are just fine.

People who are ignorant about spas are their customers.

Pay no attention to this guy. He sells rebranded tubs out of his backyard and spends his days insulting everyone who does not buy a "Cavein" spa.

He is not an degreed engineer. Anyone who dares disagree with Jim immediately receives insults. Jim's agenda is tear down the industry and drive traffic to his site.

Hot Spring makes a quality tub. So do several other name brand manufacturers. Do you objective research, look at local service, warranty, how the tub fits you and meets your needs. Then make a decision.

The Jetsetter meets our needs and serves us well.

Taste-of-Virginia:

I'm another very satisfied Hot Spring/Watkins customer. (Jim the Jim thinks I'm also ignorant, but I don't pay him no-never-mind). I'm on my second Hot Spring tub. First was a 93 Prodigy that ran like a champ for over 11 years. I have had my new 06 Envoy for about 2 months and could not be more satisfied. It is a wonderful, strong tub. Good, well built feel to the tub and its components. Nothing looks or feels cheap or second class. Any time I have a question or problem with the tub or an accessory, my dealer has been right there, 100%.

I stress this last point, because its my opinion that IT IS ALL ABOUT THE DEALER. Make sure you have some good feedback on the dealer you are buying from. If this is a problem, and you can't find another dealer for that tub locally, seriously consider choosing another of the top 5 or 6 tub brands who do have a good dealer in your area. I've read too may stories about lousy or 'just don't give a darn" dealers who have ruined the experience and pleasure of owning a hot tub by not being there for their customer. This seems to be true no matter what the brand of tub.

Good luck!

Taste-of-Virginia:

I'm another very satisfied Hot Spring/Watkins customer. (Jim the Jim thinks I'm also ignorant, but I don't pay him no-never-mind). I'm on my second Hot Spring tub. First was a 93 Prodigy that ran like a champ for over 11 years. I have had my new 06 Envoy for about 2 months and could not be more satisfied. It is a wonderful, strong tub. Good, well built feel to the tub and its components. Nothing looks or feels cheap or second class. Any time I have a question or problem with the tub or an accessory, my dealer has been right there, 100%.

I stress this last point, because its my opinion that IT IS ALL ABOUT THE DEALER. Make sure you have some good feedback on the dealer you are buying from. If this is a problem, and you can't find another dealer for that tub locally, seriously consider choosing another of the top 5 or 6 tub brands who do have a good dealer in your area. I've read too may stories about lousy or 'just don't give a darn" dealers who have ruined the experience and pleasure of owning a hot tub by not being there for their customer. This seems to be true no matter what the brand of tub.

Good luck!

I don't belive in luck. It is a fairy tale. God and Knowledge is what I believe in.

You have eyes, but don't see. I have repaired just about every brand of tub there is, and that is not even close to quality. For the most part the spa industry is going down in quality instead of up, because that is what they do to maitain profits. It is not even half the quality of the 93 model. It just is made to appear quality. It is a facade. Look at those cheap pumps in those things. Look at that cheap plastic control box. Look at the stupid circulation pump that doesn't even filter correctly. Anybody who doesn't see that has no experience with spas. There are many brands of spas that far exceed the quality of Hot Spring. You would have to be a very poor shopper to not take time and shop and learn before you blindly purchase any high ticket item. In about Five years, you will be wanting to contact me and apologize.

What it is really about is the truth. What I am saying is about the truth. Any company who uses lies to sell something is pretty bad, (even if the product was good) and any dealer, no matter how nice they may seem but sells this product, is supporting, smoke and mirrors, lies and deception. This company only uses people to make money. They use (victimize) the dealer's weaknesses and they deceive their own dealers.

(Case in exapmple, putting a spa at Costco to compete with the dealers.) Every short cut they can find to make money is used. They don't give a crap about anything but money. But then again, didn't you say you were a what (?) occupation, so I can understand your position. I guess water does seek it's own level. How much do you really know about hot tubs? If what you know about hot tubs, comes from owning Hot Spring, then you are a poor judge. Anybody who buys a second anything without looking around, is not a good shopper. This company is an example of the degredation of our country.

For them it is all about money and who cares, when the executives get canned for ruining the business; they all have their $million's. They don't even follow the ANSI safety standards. They have no morals, they just stay barely within the laws.

You are buying a product, not a friggin dealer. The dealer most likely will not be around with the current trends in the industry.

These are my opinions, based upon knowledge. It is up to the shoppers to force these changes.

There is much to be said for the Art of Gentle Persuasion. But I don't think it generally includes the use of words like 'ignorant' or 'stupid'.

I have a friend who grew up in southern Virginia. Whenever someone would talk about another person who may have been "a bit touched", my friend, to avoid saying something bad about that person, would only say: "Well, bless his lil' heart".

Jim: Bless your lil' heart. Real good.

There is much to be said for the Art of Gentle Persuasion. But I don't think it generally includes the use of words like 'ignorant' or 'stupid'.

I have a friend who grew up in southern Virginia. Whenever someone would talk about another person who may have been "a bit touched", my friend, to avoid saying something bad about that person, would only say: "Well, bless his lil' heart".

Jim: Bless your lil' heart. Real good.

Now, go back and read what I really wrote, not what you ego thinks I wrote.

Read it and understand it.

Some things never change. {SIGH}

Yes, people are going to lie and decieve to get your money, and it never seems to stop.

A single piece of plastic stuffed with foam to keep it from falling down, is not quality. It is cheaply made, being sold as "quality" to ignorant consumers who fall for BS.

Our songs are at the top of the charts.

Yes, people are going to lie and decieve to get your money, and it never seems to stop.

A single piece of plastic stuffed with foam to keep it from falling down, is not quality. It is cheaply made, being sold as "quality" to ignorant consumers who fall for BS.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

Our songs are at the top of the charts.

The king of Ego.........I will avoid falling into the Jim stupid trap. Every thing the man types is a sales pitch.

The king of Ignorant.....a man with blinders on to the outside world and a business surrouned by failure and mediocracy.

I disposed of a 24 year old cheaply made HS the other day. ran like a dream till the day I cut it up with a sawzall.

The king of Ego.........I will avoid falling into the Jim stupid trap. Every thing the man types is a sales pitch.

The king of Ignorant.....a man with blinders on to the outside world and a business surrouned by failure and mediocracy.

I disposed of a 24 year old cheaply made HS the other day. ran like a dream till the day I cut it up with a sawzall.

Don't ever compare the old Jon Watkins spas with the stuff they make now.

Now you go back and read what I wrote. :rolleyes:

Don't ever compare the old Jon Watkins spas with the stuff they make now.

Now you go back and read what I wrote. :rolleyes:

There is nothing you write that is worth my time reading. I skim through it and see the same old same old. Untill you give me a little respect Jim you get NOTHING from me. I tryed very hard a long time ago to give you and your OPINION respect, but got lambasted by you as ignorant and stupid. So you have brought on our relationship yourself, enjoy it. You have threatened to sue me over my OPINION and so my OPINION of you continues until YOU decide I may not be as ignorant or stupid as you think!!

Taste is getting good information elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that Jim is being ignored.

A good lesson for all of us...

Yes the lesson for you is that if you want to find some Hot Spring sales people to lie to you you can find them all over the net. They are like ####, everywhere. This is the only open forum on the net that allows facts and more realistic opinions to be presented.

The facts are easy to verify for anybody with a brain.

Anybody with a brain can see what is going on in the spa industry.

Yes the lesson for you is that if you want to find some Hot Spring sales people to lie to you you can find them all over the net. They are like ####, everywhere. This is the only open forum on the net that allows facts and more realistic opinions to be presented.

We welcome and enjoy your OPINION Jim. But we also realize it is nothing more than just that. One day you to may realize that!! I doubt it. But if you ever do you will get more respect from the masses. Enjoy your cult.

There is nothing you write that is worth my time reading. I skim through it and see the same old same old. Untill you give me a little respect Jim you get NOTHING from me. I tryed very hard a long time ago to give you and your OPINION respect, but got lambasted by you as ignorant and stupid. So you have brought on our relationship yourself, enjoy it. You have threatened to sue me over my OPINION and so my OPINION of you continues until YOU decide I may not be as ignorant or stupid as you think!!

I threatened to sue you over your lies about my company. You may want to get that straight.

You also have low ethics to respond to my posts when you don't even understand them or take the time to read them. How can I decide that you are smart, when you don't show any leaning in that direction.

Even a first year student of mechanical engineering, understands what I am talking about.

I threatened to sue you over your lies about my company. You may want to get that straight.

You also have low ethics to respond to my posts when you don't even understand them or take the time to read them. How can I decide that you are smart, when you don't show any leaning in that direction.

Even a first year student of mechanical engineering, understands what I am talking about.

Speaking of not understanding. You post lies about several different companys one in particular every day. Personaly I call it your opinion about another company because that's what it is. Yet, somehow I am not allowed to have an opinion of anything, including your company!!! Seems a little unfair Jim, forget about ethics and understanding as YOU preach them and for once in your miserable life think about them as the other 99.9 percent do in this country. You just don't get it, for some reason we are all supposed to bow to the allmighty Jimbo because if we do not see things axactly as him we are stupid or ignorant, you will never ever change Jim.

For some reason you think a mechanical engineer is somehow smarter than me and everyone else, I'm glad your so impressed with them, I work with fully papered well seasoned mechanical engineers everyday and really don't see them as any smarter than me or a whole lot of other people, matter of fact I am helping them with problems in things they don't understand everyday also, sure they know there field, as I do, but do they know about other things, maybe, maybe not. You on the other hand are very good at offending people, belittleing people, shoving your opinion in every dirrection possible to make a sale, convincing people that somehow the way you design the insulation on your tubs make more than just a tiny tiny difference, and staying above water in your business. Good luck and please don't respond to my posts untill you can learn respect for me. Continue to spew your dribble to potential consumers and you will be corrected by me. Give someone a well rounded reference to what is truely important in the purchase of a hot tub and I will leave you alone.

Maybe you have a point about the industry. I don't know, I doubt it, but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt at first. But your tactics of insulting anyone that does not kneel before you is self-defeating.

Your opinions would carry more weight if you were actually a degreed engineer. And if you presented a different attitude. And if you were not shilling for your site...

And you would know that how? From your engineering degree? Please...

The OP came for some advice. People were trying to help him and give constructive opinions. You were certainly welcome to give your opinion. Instead you dropped in and insulted people as usual.

I fell for it. I gave you attention, which is clearly what this is all about despite your protests about "saving" the industry.

I'm not giving you the satisfaction any more. Enjoy peddling your tubs. I'll certainly enjoy soaking in mine.

The reason why spa sales are so down, is that "consumer confidence" in hot tubs is way down because of all this crap falling apart in people's back yards. It is hurting my business as well. Even though we do not have any association with the spa industry, we still make hot tubs that are real values and ours are thrown into the pile of crap, by association, just because they are hot tubs.

To most consumers a hot tub is a hot tub is a hot tub, and they are all about the same. That is why I have to spend so much time on the phone explaining the differences.

As far as I am concerned there is only one company that knows how to build any value into a spa and that is us. When I retire who is going to make anything like this. Haven Spas can still be running when I am 80 years old. That is an interesting thought. And because of the downgrade in therapy from these other companies, our 20 year old Haven will have better therapy than their new models in 2028.

But how do you convey that to a prospective spa shopper? The majority of the spa industry is full of ignorant people as far as I can tell. Or at least that is all I have found on the net. The ones who are taken "affront by that" are the ones who don't know anything about spa construction other than the BS their factory has told them. They may believe they are good, God fearing people, but if you don't know what you are selling , and it is an inferior piece of throw away junk, you are guilty by association, even if you think it is a good product.

They believe it because it is convenient in order to sell their mediocre products and make money with it. But it is biting them in the arse because the reputation of the spa industry is at an all time low, because of them selling this crap. These get rich quick companies come in and make huge profits, then sell the company and take their $2 million dollar severance pay and go on to rip off more consumers. That is fact. These jerks come into my industry and ruin it, then go on to run some other industry's reputation.

Jacuzzi/Sundance, is in the toilet because of these rip off artists. If you read the proxy on the vote to sell the company, you will see that this person is getting 2.2 mil in severance pay for ruining the company and mismanaging it. What a joke. There spas have not been of any quality or value since 1995, in my opinion.

The spa industry has gotten so bad that nobody is buying the high end parts any longer except us. We are the only ones who are using the Frankin motors with the super energy rating and the class F insulation on our SE and SC spas. You can no longer buy a WW Ultimate pump any more, because no body else was buying it. Now we have to put them together ourselves from parts.

Hardly anybody is buying steel control boxes. Most are cheap plastic, like Hot Crap spas. Everybody follows that disgusting company, because they think it is good for profits. I could never sell something that has even 1/10 of one percent chance of burning someone's home. These jerks do it and don't even care.

What good are profits if you have ruined the reputation of my industry. Lying greedy jerks!

I have a right to be angry about these scum bags. All they think about is money, and not about their customers.

In the mean time we are riding in the wake of these liars. All any sociopathic liar does is leave a wake of sadness and destruction in their path. The other thing that these jerks do is to try and harm my impeccable reputation with lies. It is the only thing they know how to do, because they certainly don't know how to make a decent hot tub. I attack them for their integrity, so they make up lies about me and my integrity, becasue they have no heart or soul and have no qualms about lies. After all it works for them so far.

I am not talking about all brands, just the major ones who are run by sociopath's greedy jerks, who are ruining the reputation of MY INDUSTRY.

Here is my music that conveys this.

Listen to "The Wake Of Your Lies".

The reason why spa sales are so down, is that "consumer confidence" in hot tubs is way down because of all this crap falling apart in people's back yards. It is hurting my business as well. Even though we do not have any association with the spa industry, we still make hot tubs that are real values and ours are thrown into the pile of crap, by association, just because they are hot tubs.

Again I only made it one paragraph and started to see the same thing you always type with more negativity than normal. You opinion may be of some value to some, but I can't seem to find any in it.