Aquatremors Adhesive Failure - Recommendations?

CJHusky

I had an Arctic Spas AquaTremor system installed in my spa about 18 months ago. Last week we had a power outage and a freeze here. The tub itself did not freeze anywhere, but BOTH speakers feel from where they were glued on the floor inside the tub. The glue has clearly failed due to the cold condition. Apollo Spas has said they will come out and re-install the speakers and cover the materials and labor. but there will be a $99 trip charge. Seems unreasonable to me to pay 100 bucks for a failed install on their part. Any recommendations?

Also, if I have to do it myself, can anyone recommend a better product to use than what they obviously used?

TIA,

Chris

I had an Arctic Spas AquaTremor system installed in my spa about 18 months ago. Last week we had a power outage and a freeze here. The tub itself did not freeze anywhere, but BOTH speakers feel from where they were glued on the floor inside the tub. The glue has clearly failed due to the cold condition. Apollo Spas has said they will come out and re-install the speakers and cover the materials and labor. but there will be a $99 trip charge. Seems unreasonable to me to pay 100 bucks for a failed install on their part. Any recommendations?

Also, if I have to do it myself, can anyone recommend a better product to use than what they obviously used?

TIA,

Chris

Chris,

They are actually quite easy to install if you want to try on your own. We use Metal Welder from Devcon. That seems to really work well, and I have never had one come unglued before. It will adhere better to the fiberglass than most glues will.

Thanks water Boy. The Metal Welder from Devcon is what they said they used, but apparently it didn't hold. they are offering to give me a new tube of the Devcon, the mixing applicator, and let me borrow the gun for the weekend. Is there something they did incorreclty the first time if in fact this product was used and it failed in cold weather? Is there something tricky or a secret to getting it to work correctly?

Lastly, do you have a preferred location for attaching these?

Thanks again for the info! love this forum.

-Chris

Thanks water Boy. The Metal Welder from Devcon is what they said they used, but apparently it didn't hold. they are offering to give me a new tube of the Devcon, the mixing applicator, and let me borrow the gun for the weekend. Is there something they did incorreclty the first time if in fact this product was used and it failed in cold weather? Is there something tricky or a secret to getting it to work correctly?

Lastly, do you have a preferred location for attaching these?

Thanks again for the info! love this forum.

-Chris

You want to make sure you allow the brackets to cure for a while before attaching the transducers to the brackets. See what it says on the Metal Welder for proper cure time. I haven't installed too many, but I remember the directions say you can use duct tape to help hold the brackets in place while they are curing to the fiberglass. There really isn't a specific place to install them. The most important thing is to space them out equally if you can from one side to the other. Look for a good flat area in the shell if you can as that usually works good and the brackets will adhere better to the shell. I would do it on your own if it will save you $100. Your dealer may even have the directions to install it.