How Quiet Are Evoution Spas From Costco?

RPSan Diego

First time blogging ever. We're considering a purchase of an Evolution Spa (Mediterranean) through Costco. Anyone have experience on how noisy they are when filtering/heating please? Also saw some negative comments on the spa cover that comes with it. Any input? Thanks.

It depends on where you put it. If its going close to the house (like outside a bedroom window or near neighbors bedrooms) or on a deck I think its always wise to get a spa with a 24 hr circ pump for filtering since they have almost no noise when not being used.

First time blogging ever. We're considering a purchase of an Evolution Spa (Mediterranean) through Costco. Anyone have experience on how noisy they are when filtering/heating please? Also saw some negative comments on the spa cover that comes with it. Any input? Thanks.

I've had the CSXi80 for over a year. Not quite the same, but similar. These use the jet pump's low speed for filtration and circulation. It's not too bad. I have mine close to the fence I share with the neighbor, and it's comparable in loudness to his air conditioner compressor pump. They've never complained. There's a big difference in noise output between low speed and high speed, which is pretty noisy (not moreso than comparable spas).

I had a spa before that had a dedicated 24 hour circulation pump and I have to say, I liked that system better. But this one is okay, seems to work fine and not too terribly obnoxious. I agree if it's near a bedroom or your neighbor's bedroom you might have in issue, and also that some decks resonate and can make the spa noisier. Mine is sitting on a stone-veneered concrete slab patio, so it's probably about as quiet of an installation as you can get. You can at least get a rough idea of the sound level by visiting any dealer that has a perimeter-insulated spa (the full-foam ones are definitely quieter, but there are other considerations) and running it on low.

Don't know what cover they're shipping these days. Mine was from Prestige Covers, if I recall correctly. Seems to be holding up ok. Mine is 5" thick at the center. It makes a good seal with the shell of the tub, which is important. A good seal is seen by insignificant water loss. This means you're not losing latent heat of evaporation, which isn't the only mechanism of heat loss, but it's an important one. I'm in No CA and estimate that I'm paying $35-45 per month as a yearly average... quite a bit more during the cold months but much less from Spring through fall. I imagine your San Diego costs will be similar, depending on how you use it.

We have had the KeyWest model from CostCo for 3 weeks now. I would say it is not very loud at all. The pumps have a total of 3 speeds. Low is a slight hum. High is a bit louder, and turbo is a bit louder still. With all 3 running it is not too bad, much more quiet than the outside AC unit.

Sitting in it with the high pumps running and jets on it is hard to have a conversation, and even harder to talk to somebody nearby outside of the hot tub because of the bubbling from the jets. Turning the turbo pump off and closing the jets some improves it, it is the way I like it.

Also saw some negative comments on the spa cover that comes with it. Any input? Thanks.

Also, the cover. I see nothing wrong with it at all. I would not expect it to support much weight, that is not what it is meant to do anyway. So if a kid climbed up on it and jumped up and down that would most likely break its back.

It depends on what you are comparing it to. I would say yes it's loud compared to a high end tub like the Dimension One Nautilis that sells for 8-9 grand. But compared to the GL6 or GL7 from Great lakes that sell for 5-6 grand no it's not loud it is about the same. It also uses the jet pump to filter and has perimeter insulation and some spray on foam.