Condensation Problem

New2Jacuzzi

Hello,

I recently moved into a home with a built in Jacuzzi spa in a Florida Room. The Florida Room is not heated or cooled but is fully enclosed. When we use the spa for any length of time we get steam which leads to condensation on all of the windows, walls, and ceilings. Of course, the colder it is outside, the more steam we have. I have tried opening the windows in the room to help air out the steam, but it seems to cause even more steam (especially in the winter) since the outside air is colder than what is already in the room. Are there any simple solutions for this type of issue with enclosed hot tubs? I am concerned about long term water/mold damage.

I have tried a portable dehumidifier to help dry out the air after spa use. I was also thinking a portable heater may help reduce the amount of steam generated since the room temp would be closer to that of the water. Are there any other ideas out there?

Thanks in advance.

Agree, tubs in rooms need to be properly vented to prevent damage to the home. You need an exhaust fan to reove the moisture, and it has to be big enough to handle the amount of moisture the hot tub produces for the room size. For now, maybe a couple of window fans, leave them on for awhile after using the tub to help remove moisture.

We had a spa in an enclosed pourch and the only thing that worked for us was to use a exhaust fan. Our area was pretty much waterproof to begin with so we never worried about damage to the structure. The first time we used the tub, it got so steamy we couldn't even see each other at opposite ends of the spa. It was so bad I decided to open the door and windows to vent it out and let the steam escape. My neighbor happened to be looking out his window and he thought our pourch was on fire and it was smoke rolling out of everything. He called 911 and a few minutes later, here comes the fire department charging through our door only to discover myself and my wife still soaking in the tub. The nexxt day, I was installing a fan.

We had a spa in an enclosed pourch and the only thing that worked for us was to use a exhaust fan. Our area was pretty much waterproof to begin with so we never worried about damage to the structure. The first time we used the tub, it got so steamy we couldn't even see each other at opposite ends of the spa. It was so bad I decided to open the door and windows to vent it out and let the steam escape. My neighbor happened to be looking out his window and he thought our pourch was on fire and it was smoke rolling out of everything. He called 911 and a few minutes later, here comes the fire department charging through our door only to discover myself and my wife still soaking in the tub. The nexxt day, I was installing a fan.

You know you became the talk of the fire department with that one. I bet you were shocked at first then started laughing about it. Hope you had suits on!

You know you became the talk of the fire department with that one. I bet you were shocked at first then started laughing about it. Hope you had suits on!

:lol::unsure::lol: