Gulf Coast Spa Lx Series Reviews

GKL

Hey Greg,

I have seen some of your posts on Gulf Coast and you asked me about insulation before. You seem like a very smart person and a meticulous consumer. I am exactly the same way when it comes to large purchases. No matter how much research I do beforehand, I always have some buyer’s remorse. It is a curse that we probably share as we will always find something wrong with what we buy. I think that no matter what the product or brand is, you will always find negative comments or reviews about it if you keep searching. Even the best product ever made will dissatisfy some people. Enjoy your new spa. B)

I agree with hydro, a few anecdotal stories good or bad does not mean much. Especially in your case where GC is now making a new redesigned tub. Anyone that has the tub will have only had it for a short time and i think the true test of a tub is over the course of several years on. I am very curious to find out how your electric bill is and if the insulation is better. Did you wet test before you bought it? Good Luck.

I'm just waiting for my yard to dry out so it can be delivered. I appreciate all of your imput and you are correct about buying and being pleased with the purchase. I have gotten to the point where I feel I'm an investigative reported for these things. ALL -IN-ALL, I just want to not have any problems, ease of care & reasonable energy costs. At least as I recall thats how my last spa was 15 years ago- so I figure technology has had to improved.

No I did not wet test. Having owned a tub before I did dry test by judged water depth, jet positioning and contour of seating. Originally I was opposed to a lounger (again) but did get it due to the contour jet locations and belief that I won't float out as I did in the old spa.

The older spas were not very user friendly. My filter was under the cabinet and I had to use a wrench to change it, NO Ozonator, no lift for the cover, I think I may have had to boil the water. Anyway, I'm real hopeful that with all the conviences the new spas have that I'll get years of enjoyment and theropy and if it becomes a yard orniment it might just end up in the dealers window.

GREG!