Legitimate Excuse?

isp4265

I bought a new HS Vista this spring and so far am very happy. Recently, I have noticed the lights on the Fontanna water fall are not syncing correctly. When I have the lights on white, 2 may be white and the third may be yellow. When I called my HS dealer for service, they came out and looked at the tub, took the panel off directly below the water fall, and said they had to order a part. After waiting 2 weeks for them to call and say the part is in, we would like to shedule a time to come out and fix it, I called them to check the status. They stated that it was now too cold to come out and fix it that I would have to wait till spring. They stated that with the extreme cold weather, that they could possibly break the panel they have to remove to get to the part that needs replaced. First, I think it is bad customer service that I had to call them and secondly, is the cold a legitimate excuse or am I being fed a line of bull?? FYI I am located in Northern Illinois.

I bought a new HS Vista this spring and so far am very happy. Recently, I have noticed the lights on the Fontanna water fall are not syncing correctly. When I have the lights on white, 2 may be white and the third may be yellow. When I called my HS dealer for service, they came out and looked at the tub, took the panel off directly below the water fall, and said they had to order a part. After waiting 2 weeks for them to call and say the part is in, we would like to shedule a time to come out and fix it, I called them to check the status. They stated that it was now too cold to come out and fix it that I would have to wait till spring. They stated that with the extreme cold weather, that they could possibly break the panel they have to remove to get to the part that needs replaced. First, I think it is bad customer service that I had to call them and secondly, is the cold a legitimate excuse or am I being fed a line of bull?? FYI I am located in Northern Illinois.

I know for a fact the panels can be a little tricky to remove (without cracking them) during periods of freezing temps, but I also know it is do-able you just have to be careful, the dealer probably sees this as something that is not any type of emergency and is looking to put if off until its warmer out and easier to work on. But it also seems this is something he's basically telling you, where as he should be asking you ie "Mr. Jones I know the lights are not operating properly, removing the panels without damage is tricky in freezing temps I was wondering if you didn't mind if we waited until the weather warms up a little to replace the lights, I'll offer 20% off your next chemical purchase, or next bottle of chlorine is on us for your troubles, or whatever, you get the idea...I know back when I first started in service we used to have this make-shift heavy duty tarp we could essentially enclose ourselves and half the hot-tub in with a space heater (think clam portable ice house) specifically for jobs like this or for those days where u don't feel like replacing a jet pump/heater etc. etc. in -20 weather, so its going to come down to how much this light issue really bothers you

I had the same problem with my Sundance when it was only a few weeks old - one or two of the approx 20 lights were out of sync. Dealer came and and fixed it, but same thing happened again only a few weeks later. Since then I've just put up with it, not so difficult as I rarely use the lights anyhow.

Similar issue on my new Grandee. However, it's the LED behind one of the MotoMassage units that's out of sync rather than the Bella Fontana. I spoke with HotSpring, since my dealer closed down shortly after I got the tub, and was told that it would be covered under warranty. They offered to send someone out immediately, but I told them I'd wait until spring/warmer weather, and coordinate it with a drain refill to make it easy. For now, I just leave the underwater lights fixed at blue, which works perfectly, and no one is the wiser. As long as the company stands behind the product, and is willing to make it right, I'm certainly willing to be flexible with them.

I guess what I didn't like was the fact that I had to call them back instead of them calling me back. Overall not a big deal. It just makes me wonder what would happend if my heater goes out in the middle of winter.........will I get the same response from the service dept? I did a ton of research before I decided to go with H.S. and spent a lot of time at the dealer. We had a lot of communication during my decision process and after dropping $9995.00 (out the door, taxes delivery steps cover, lifter, and chems) haven't heard from them. Maybe I am expecting too much but I thought a follow up phone call after the delivery or a thank you would have been a nice customer service touch. Overall though I still think the HS is the best (or one of the best) tubs out there and am very happy with the purchase.

I guess what I didn't like was the fact that I had to call them back instead of them calling me back. Overall not a big deal. It just makes me wonder what would happend if my heater goes out in the middle of winter.........will I get the same response from the service dept? I did a ton of research before I decided to go with H.S. and spent a lot of time at the dealer. We had a lot of communication during my decision process and after dropping $9995.00 (out the door, taxes delivery steps cover, lifter, and chems) haven't heard from them. Maybe I am expecting too much but I thought a follow up phone call after the delivery or a thank you would have been a nice customer service touch. Overall though I still think the HS is the best (or one of the best) tubs out there and am very happy with the purchase.

Seeing that the issue is just synching of the light colors I agree. Their reasoning is understandable but you shouldn't have to call them to find it out. Customer Service 101, communication in a timely, professional, caring manner. Let them know that this was the part of the situation that bothered you, not the technical reason for their wanting to wait.

Hot tub skirting panels that break in the cold? Really??

"Sorry Mr. Customer, but we cannot fix your hot tub in the weather in which it is intended to be used due to our design flaw. Please dont make us fix it now, cause then we might be on the hook for replacing your skirt panel. Or worse yet, we may blame the broken panel on you, since it was your idea to risk such an unreasonable repair. Who wants their hot tub fixed in the cold weather anyways?"

What a crock...

I took the panels off my hot tub in 10 degree weather to add more insulation and this required bending the panels to get them out of the slots they are in and mine didn't break or even come close to breaking. It wasn't even a fear/threat of this, so unless this hot tub has an inferior cabinet to my $3,000.00 new hot tub it is a crock IMO. They likely do not want to work in the cold weather is all.

It will be interesting to see if they call me back in the spring or if I AGAIN have to call them. Depending on how the weather here is in Northern Illinois, I will give them to mid April to call me, I think that is more than fair. I kind of think this is a crock as well. If Watkins is as good as they say they are and a Technician were to snap a panel on accident, I would think Watkins would replace it at no charge.