Repair Log.

Roger

And I'd like to see other techs add to this thread also. But as I am an independent repair guy that has very little time from my full time job to add more repairs that will put me working 25 hours a day it may be easier to follow my repair history. I though it would be cool to give the potential consumers who worry about leaks an updated weekly or so, detail of my repairs in 2007. See how many in the foam repairs ! do, versus equipment bay. No foam yet, last year I had 2 foam repairs in probably 150-200 repairs.

1. 1999 D1 Diplomat........pump union leak.......magi-lube, retighten, 1 hr.

2. 2000-2001 Cal Spa Kona......pump replacment, retrofitted Sta-Rite/Waterway for GE, 3 hr.

3. 2001 Hot Spring Prodigy.....Circ pump replacement...Silentflow 5000, 1 hr.

4. 2003 Jacuzzi knock off from Home Depot....Pump seal, 1.5 hr.

5. Old inside inground concrete (25+years)........PVC drain pipe (pump bypasses filter to push water outside) Cracked Y connection, 1.5 hr.

6. 2000 Sundance Altamar....... No power, advises customer to install trouble light in equipment area, but did it myself as they were not capable. 1 hr. Returned next day, Checked main breaker for voltage, good, checked outside GFCI dissconnect fo voltage good. Checked for voltage in control box, found loose 110V leg, retightened all incoming wires and restarted. 1.5 Hr.Advised on water care (filthy water) And was hired to manage there water for as long as required for them to learn it. 45 bucks a visit.

7. Early 90's Inside swimming pool not heating. Installed 2 shut off valves and dissconnected and dissasembled heater and advised. 3 Hr.

UPDATE, completely dissassembled heater and ordered new tub assembly 1.5 hr

8. Investigated tub deck 2 3/4" out of level, weight of tub forced settling of deck. Jacked up and shimmed exsisting deck. Reccomend rebuilding deck as soon as possible with better footings. This deck is 5 feet off the ground and kinda scares me that the whole thing may collapse....LOL They built the deck beefy enough but skimmped on the footings. Hope there not enjoying a quiet soak when it happens. 2.5 Hr.

9. Leaky shut off valve on a very old built in commercial (Health Club) spa. Changed out 3 valves. 3 hours.

10. Pump Seal. 1995 Sta-Rite, Customer brought it to me. 1 hour.

11. Snorkel Tub, Action pack gas heating system installed inccorectly. Wireing from controler to heater wrong, blew fuses and may have done more damage but it's to cold to refill and test. 2 hours, will hook up when the nights get closer to above freezing so we can leave it full and diagnos any other problems.

12. Hot water heater replacement 100 gallon LP gas fired. Not hot tub related but 3 hrs.

--------------------

Independent repair technician.

Part Time

Here is my last years works list in a nutshell:

Australia - Built Aqualife Aquatic Centre Plant - Construction time 24 months

Bali - Begawan Giri - Flown in to isolate and solve jetting problems on in pool madssaging seats - 5 days, 3 weeks research

Bhutan - Flown in to find leak in spa - 5 days

Australia - Solve waterfall problem for submersible pump company at reception centre - 15 days

Australia - Design and supply commercial filters for Craigie Leisure Centre - 180 days

There were a few other jobs as well, but memory is fickle. I do a lot of domestic problems as well but they are too many to list as I only get involved for a specific issue and get out again (I'm bloody expensive).

2007 so far:

All Australia this year to date

Design and construct completely automatic system for residential pool

Retrofit pool builders abandoned site and track all pipe works

Mirvac Fini - Lot 23 Burswood Peninsula

Mirvac Fini - Tower 3 Burswood

Jerramgurup - Pool liner repalcement

Gnowarangurup (Is that how you spell that) Solar installation

Frankly if I get another job right now I might explode <_<

Here is my last years works list in a nutshell:

Australia - Built Aqualife Aquatic Centre Plant - Construction time 24 months

Bali - Begawan Giri - Flown in to isolate and solve jetting problems on in pool madssaging seats - 5 days, 3 weeks research

Bhutan - Flown in to find leak in spa - 5 days

Australia - Solve waterfall problem for submersible pump company at reception centre - 15 days

Australia - Design and supply commercial filters for Craigie Leisure Centre - 180 days

There were a few other jobs as well, but memory is fickle. I do a lot of domestic problems as well but they are too many to list as I only get involved for a specific issue and get out again (I'm bloody expensive).

2007 so far:

All Australia this year to date

Design and construct completely automatic system for residential pool

Retrofit pool builders abandoned site and track all pipe works

Mirvac Fini - Lot 23 Burswood Peninsula

Mirvac Fini - Tower 3 Burswood

Jerramgurup - Pool liner repalcement

Gnowarangurup (Is that how you spell that) Solar installation

Frankly if I get another job right now I might explode <_<

Jeeeez I feel kinda inadequte.......LOL My little side line money cow.

• 3 weeks later...