Starting Over-Filter Advice

glennmacph

I'm preparing to dump my new tub's water,the tub's a month old now,I have very little confidence in my dealers advice but I have "poolandspa.com" thank god.I'm waiting for a digital water analyzer due to colour blindness and then start at the basics.

Can I have some options on types of good filter methods out there,I have a arctic spa (2200 liters)salt water(sea salt) blend.

The tub came with a 3 month disposable filter,I don't think this is a good filtration method but I could be wrong

I'm just going one step at a time,I've got the pre filter which attaches to the hose for filling, so its on to step 2 now-the tub's filter,Any suggestions would be appreciated.

i think i remember seeing an arctic dealer with the filter you are talking about at a home show. Its not a traditional 'paper' pleated filter but more like a sponge type? this dealer told me it is better than the micropure filters on the market (of course) and filter down to 1 micron, they are meant to be disposed of after use as they cannot be cleaned. I have not personally used one, yet. Your dealer should be able to point you in the direction of a traditional pleated filter and if not, ANY dealer will be able to at least find you one, alternatively you could find one online yourself using your make and model.

HTH

PS prefilters are really only for people who have discolored water from the tap and even then not required.

pre filters ARE required with salt systems because they help get the TDS down, they are not just for discolored water in this case. The electrodes in salt systems can not have metals or a high TDS.

pre filters ARE required with salt systems because they help get the TDS down, they are not just for discolored water in this case. The electrodes in salt systems can not have metals or a high TDS.

The pre-filters are geat for filling the spa and keeping the TDS low. A majority of our customers who use the salt system use the disposable filters, but some of them do switch to the paper filters. It's realy down to your own preference. Our customers using the paper filters usually take them out once a fortnight to hose them down of debris.