Water Line Between Pumps

Kube

Quick question, more curious than anything....but I'm in the process of replacing one of my motors on my hottub and noticed on this one unlike my previous (hottub) that there is a 1/4 waterline between the pumps connected where the drain plugs would be...what is the function of this....is it needed? I dont think it would be but I could be wrong....any thoughts? Thanks

Is it needed? Ya think they went to the trouble of putting it there just to increase costs? :rolleyes:

Probably there to prevent stagnation if one of the pumps is rarely used, or for freeze protection.

... and when draining the spa it helps to remove water from the pumps and plumbing lines. Reinstall it as it was.

that was the one thing I thought it would be useful for was draining both pumps easily....only problem is the line was so hard that snapped the nimple off on the the old pump....not that it would be hard to replace....Thanks for the input, I'll look to put it back how it was, guess the reason I asked was it doesnt look like it was a factory install....looked to be something done aftermarket