1998 Sovereign Topside Control Not Working

mat300z

Any body know how to remove the top side control on a 1998 Hot springs Sovereign? Mine does not work and I just want to see if I can get it working without buying a new one. Thanks

Are you talking about the "Auxillary" control panel on the inside of the spa vs. the main control panel on the front? If the Aux pad is not working then you need a new one, there is no fixing the old one.

Any body know how to remove the top side control on a 1998 Hot springs Sovereign? Mine does not work and I just want to see if I can get it working without buying a new one. Thanks

Are you talking about the "Auxillary" control panel on the inside of the spa vs. the main control panel on the front? If the Aux pad is not working then you need a new one, there is no fixing the old one.

Yeah the one inside the spa...It has never worked since I bought it. It is the only thing left to fix to make the spa perfect.

Why can it not be fixed? And how do you remove it to put in a new one?

It's not fixable because there are no replaceable parts in the control pad. You would have to take the outside "bezel" off by prying it up with a screwdriver. Then wedge a slim-blade screwdriver between the "dish" that the pad sits in and the pad itself. Then pry the pad out.

It has a phone type cord that runs through conduit and into the control box. Unplug the phone connector from the control box and tie a small string to it. Then pull from the pad end until the string comes out. Then tie the string to the new pad and pull it back through and connect it to the box again.

It's not fixable because there are no replaceable parts in the control pad. You would have to take the outside "bezel" off by prying it up with a screwdriver. Then wedge a slim-blade screwdriver between the "dish" that the pad sits in and the pad itself. Then pry the pad out.

It has a phone type cord that runs through conduit and into the control box. Unplug the phone connector from the control box and tie a small string to it. Then pull from the pad end until the string comes out. Then tie the string to the new pad and pull it back through and connect it to the box again.

Thanks for the info...getting it out was what puzzled me because I didn't see any screws holding it in. Once I got it out I checked it out inside and all the black inserts to the buttons are falling apart. You are definitley right that there are no user serviceable parts inside so a new one is in order but after being an electronics tech for the last 15 years I guess it just comes naturally to me to want to fix it.