Don't Hate Me, But I Love My New Master Spa...

YankeesFan

I posted some questions and concerns here back in August after my husband and I purchased a Twilight 8.3 spa at a Master Spas trade show, since we read many, many negative reviews after we signed the contract. Well, nobody's paying me to say this and I am NOT a dealer in disguise, but I have to say I love it so far! It arrived in early September and we've been using it at least three or four times a week since then. Contrary to some reviews that I've read, the jets are very powerful (definitely powerful enough for me, since I'm kind of small and they push me to the top when the boosters are on). The lights are wonderful, and the mineral filtration system is great -- all we've had to do is throw less than a teaspoon of chlorine into the water each time we get out and the water has stayed crystal clear. The only complaint I have is that at 5' 2", I'm a little short to reach the shoulder jets and to sit comfortably in the lounge seat, but now that I have a booster seat it's perfect!

I know I'll probably get some negative replies since everyone on here seems to hate Master Spas, but I wanted to follow up to say I'm a happy Master Spas Twilight Series customer and don't understand why there are so many haters out there.

Will do, Dr. Spa, thanks! I hope I'll still love it just as much! I always get kind of melancholy each fall when the weather starts to cool off, but now that I can jump into 97-degree water whenever I want, it's not so bad. LOL.

By the way, do you know anything about the various fragrances and aromatherapies that you can add to the water? I've seen some online but haven't tried any. I wonder how long they last and if they're very strong?

Will do, Dr. Spa, thanks! I hope I'll still love it just as much! I always get kind of melancholy each fall when the weather starts to cool off, but now that I can jump into 97-degree water whenever I want, it's not so bad. LOL.

By the way, do you know anything about the various fragrances and aromatherapies that you can add to the water? I've seen some online but haven't tried any. I wonder how long they last and if they're very strong?

I too have considered these as the wife loves to soak in the bath with some nice aromas, but since they are all oil based I was concerned as to whether they effect the filter adversely.

Hopefully someone can answer both our questions.

P.S.

Congrats on your new tub, as a fellow newbie to this I am loving every minute.

Enjoy your tub YankeeFan - it will be great in the fall. Do you do extra long soaks? The reason I ask is that 97 degrees would be too low for us. We generally run at 102 degrees and stay in 30-45 minutes, sometimes more. Some like 104 degree but many can only stay in about 15 minutes or so at that temp. Anyway, I suggest you give the higher temp a try - I think that you will like it.

Yankeesfan,

Glad you are enjoying your tub. On the aromatherapies, I reccomend Spazazz, they are a crystal and disipated in the water lasts about 10-15 minutes , it is not an oil base so does not gum up the the filters or leave a scum line, and the Spazazz has fruity smells, and some rx series great for the body. our customers use them all the time....As for everybody hating Master Spas on here. I don't believe that we all hate Master Spas it is the way they do business on the traveling circus. There are many dealers through the U.S were they have great representation and have good dealers. It tis the traveling circus that shows up to town were there is no dealer support , and they sell them and tell them certain dealers will fix, I have heard this when i was checking them out here. What was funny is they said we fix them , Which we only work on what we sell....thats the problem i have with the sales tactic.....But otherwise enjoy your spa.....

A happy spa owner is a good thing for everyone, regardless of brand, happy spa owners help the industry in general (in spite of brand), and the opposite is true of unhappy customers.

So, congrats on your spa, hope you love it just as much years from now! :)

I know I'll probably get some negative replies since everyone on here seems to hate Master Spas, but I wanted to follow up to say I'm a happy Master Spas Twilight Series customer and don't understand why there are so many haters out there.

Its good to see you are happy with your spa. While myself and others may not be fans of Master I know we don't wish poorly on anyone that owns one and are just as willing to offer advice/help to you after you start to use your spa as we would if you had ordered any other brand.

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the kind words.

To Spa Savant: So far the weather hasn't cooled down to much below the mid-50s, so we've kept the tub temp at around 97, but I figure as the nights get cooler we'll probably ratchet it up a bit to maybe 100 or 101. I know the hotter it is the less time you're supposed to stay in. Once I'm lounging in that wonderful warm water it's very hard to get me out again. I'd say I'm usually in for about an hour or so, maybe longer. I like to turn the jets on for a while and then just turn them off and chill out a little.

To Spa Guy: I'll google Spazz and see what "flavors" they have. :)

To Kreg: No, we didn't opt for the upgrades like the iPod dock or TV or the Afterglow light system. Just the basic package. Personally, I wish we had the TV so we could watch the Yankees and the Redskins while soaking, but my husband thought it was a waste of money. Plus, it would be even harder to get me out of there! Ha-ha.

So ... Is there a secret that only hot tub owners know for how we can cut down on freezing once we get out of the tub and head into the house in the winter? Our hot tub is literally right off our deck, so it's not a long walk, but I know my husband well enough that I foresee going in the tub alone a lot because he won't want to go outside in the cold!! I've been looking to buy some really thick, heavy terry cloth robes to wrap up in, but all the stores seem to be selling nowadays are the thinner microfleece robes ... Thanks for your suggestions. :)

So ... Is there a secret that only hot tub owners know for how we can cut down on freezing once we get out of the tub and head into the house in the winter? Our hot tub is literally right off our deck, so it's not a long walk, but I know my husband well enough that I foresee going in the tub alone a lot because he won't want to go outside in the cold!! I've been looking to buy some really thick, heavy terry cloth robes to wrap up in, but all the stores seem to be selling nowadays are the thinner microfleece robes ... Thanks for your suggestions. :)

You won't freeze getting out of the tub if your water is warm enough. The heat left over will keep your body warm for 3 - 5 minutes. But if you wear a bathing suit, that will turn cold instantly... LL Bean in Maine used to have very heavy duty bath robes that are great for the outdoors.[/font]

Bed, Bath, and Beyond had some nice terrycloth robes on sale for $39 in brown. The white ones were $59, so I bought 2 of the brown. They are very thick and nice!

No matter how hot you get, if the winter wind is blowing you become an instant popsicle, so keep the terry robe close, and consider a wind break if the spa is exposed.

Wow, I just found an old post on here from 2007 that said NOT to use the thick terry robes in the winter because they absorb the water and hold the cold more. The advice was to get the plush microfleece instead, which are less absorbent. Exactly the opposite of what I was thinking. Glad I read that!

Wow, I just found an old post on here from 2007 that said NOT to use the thick terry robes in the winter because they absorb the water and hold the cold more. The advice was to get the plush microfleece instead, which are less absorbent. Exactly the opposite of what I was thinking. Glad I read that!

To each their own, but when I get out of the tub I want something that will dry me off. When it is 20F outside I don't plan on hanging out in my robe; I just want to put it on so I can tidy up and go back inside. I figure a terry robe will be much easier than trying to keep a towel wrapped around me while putting the cover back on, etc. The only thing is I wish they had a hood.