No Chlorine From An Aquapure 1400

Service codes are showing 172 & 185. No chlorine generated obviously. Regardless of the what the problem could be, is it time to upgrade ( if that's possible ) due to the age of the unit (3yrs old). Or is this something that can be repaired with upgraded parts??

Sounds like you will need another cell or sensor. I've had this happen twice with my AP 1400. Both times the sensor or one of the three sensors had shorted out. Frankly...this is terrible technology. Just go with 3" puck floaters. You'll use less power, acid and salt. The cost of the floater and pucks is not that much and the difference is water feel is not that much different. Just use enough chlorine to keep the levels up around 3-4 ppm and you should be fine...

Service codes are showing 172 & 185. No chlorine generated obviously. Regardless of the what the problem could be, is it time to upgrade ( if that's possible ) due to the age of the unit (3yrs old). Or is this something that can be repaired with upgraded parts??

Jandy had a problem with the sensors that I've been told are corrected now. If you can verify that you are getting fresh stock, replacing the sensor will get you up and running again. You can get sensors online for a fraction of the (real world) price, however, you can't tell how old they are.

You risk swapping defect for defect. BTW, the defective ones won't fail immediately.