Finally Got My Coast Tub

footie

Hi guys,

Well my Coast Spa was finally delivered and set up yesterday and I must say I am very pleased so far. After getting the water balanced and heated up to temperature, the family jumped in for the first this morning (8:45am) talk about excited, outside temp 8.5oC while in the tub was a comfortable 37.5oC......nice.

So far the centre seat with the 2ft waterfall is my favourite and the little ones like the fact that the water level remains the same no matter who gets in or out. Will try it out tonight at midnight with only me and the wife to see if after twenty years the sparkle is still there....hint, hint.

img0168nn.jpg

P.S.

On the subject of chemicals, due to the wife's sensitive skin, we (myself and dealer) have chose to try a method called 'Active Oxygen'. Have any of you heard of this and if so what did you think?

Thanks in advance.

I have since opened a thread on the Hot Tub Chemistry section about Active Oxygen, so no need to discuss it here now.

I never knew about hot tub jets but my Coast Tub allows each jets independently to be either switched off completely or reduce the water pressure through them. It does appear to me that you can tailor each seat to suit which you may want or need. I don't think the brother-in-law's Hot Springs allows this, but is this a common thing among hot tub brands?

I have since opened a thread on the Hot Tub Chemistry section about Active Oxygen, so no need to discuss it here now.

I never knew about hot tub jets but my Coast Tub allows each jets independently to be either switched off completely or reduce the water pressure through them. It does appear to me that you can tailor each seat to suit which you may want or need. I don't think the brother-in-law's Hot Springs allows this, but is this a common thing among hot tub brands?

It's pretty common that you can adjust the flow by turning the individual jet faces. HotSpring and the majority of other vendors that I wet tested all do this. Additionally, some of the other brands use more diverters, which allow you adjust or turn off whole series of jets or seats on the fly. It's a quick way to gain more power elsewhere or conserve energy for seats not in use.

for someone who posts a lot about spas you did not know of something so simple?

I never claimed to be savvy when it came to Hot tubs, but I do know the importance of service and industry standards. You claimed Coast were crap, I simply questioned that opinion based on the fact that they are the sole Hot tub company to get awarded the latest ISO9001/2008 and have a list of other quality awards as long as your arm. I also stated that the dealer was possibly the most important thing to get right when choosing any product that's cost is considerable.

I don't have anything against you personally but I do feel you have issues that need to be address.

P.S.

My dealer (someone I would class as a friend) has sold approximately 70 coast tubs so far and has yet to have a customer ring with an issue relating to their product, he sells two other brands which he rates as good solid products but it's his opinion that Coast are by far his best and one of a handful of first rate spas brands.

I might add that he would never run another product down, instead choosing to promote reasons and features why his products are better which in my opinion is good business practice, someone that you could learn from.

• 3 weeks later...

I never claimed to be savvy when it came to Hot tubs, but I do know the importance of service and industry standards. You claimed Coast were crap, I simply questioned that opinion based on the fact that they are the sole Hot tub company to get awarded the latest ISO9001/2008 and have a list of other quality awards as long as your arm. I also stated that the dealer was possibly the most important thing to get right when choosing any product that's cost is considerable.

I don't have anything against you personally but I do feel you have issues that need to be address.

P.S.

My dealer (someone I would class as a friend) has sold approximately 70 coast tubs so far and has yet to have a customer ring with an issue relating to their product, he sells two other brands which he rates as good solid products but it's his opinion that Coast are by far his best and one of a handful of first rate spas brands.

I might add that he would never run another product down, instead choosing to promote reasons and features why his products are better which in my opinion is good business practice, someone that you could learn from.

for some one who claims not to be spa "savvy" you sure post a lot about spa's, are you sure you are not a coast dealer ? because you sure seem to be blowing there horn hard and alot?

P.S.

for some one who claims not to be spa "savvy" you sure post a lot about spa's, are you sure you are not a coast dealer ? because you sure seem to be blowing there horn hard and alot?

Usually when a customer makes a decision based on their fact finding and research, they will stand behind their belief. Footie is a proud owner of a Coast Spa which to most everyone else on here is no different than any other proud new spa owner. There is no reason to hide if you are a dealer or not. I am a Coast dealer and have no reason to disguise it. You seem to post on every thread which has the Coast name even if the thread or Coast part has become irrelevant. Whether you like Coast or not you could take Footie's advice and not bash them because all that does is question your credibility regardless how long you have been servicing hot tubs.

Usually when a customer makes a decision based on their fact finding and research, they will stand behind their belief. Footie is a proud owner of a Coast Spa which to most everyone else on here is no different than any other proud new spa owner. There is no reason to hide if you are a dealer or not. I am a Coast dealer and have no reason to disguise it. You seem to post on every thread which has the Coast name even if the thread or Coast part has become irrelevant. Whether you like Coast or not you could take Footie's advice and not bash them because all that does is question your credibility regardless how long you have been servicing hot tubs.

Correct, I am only a first time hot tub owner who looked at quite a few and settled on the Coast for no other reason than I liked and respected their dealer in my area. I have never talked crash about another brand simply because I don't know enough about them and I happen to think they are all pretty decent as long as you stay away from those Chinese imports. I don't know what his problem is but he clearly has some issues that need addressing.

P.S. Spent a lovely 30 mins tonight in the tub, just watching the stars and listening to that waterfall at the front of the tub, few things are more enjoyable or relax that don't require your pants off and a person of the opposite ***. :P

P.S.

just to let you and your dealer buddy footie know today i will be cutting up yes cutting up my 3rd coast spa to remove it from someones yard.this one is getting a Jacuzzi like the first one the second one went with a BC all three of these jobs claim coast to be the worst investment they have made in a spa enjoy your day as i know i will be enjoying mine and when i am done i will post what i find inside.

just to let you and your dealer buddy footie know today i will be cutting up yes cutting up my 3rd coast spa to remove it from someones yard.this one is getting a Jacuzzi like the first one the second one went with a BC all three of these jobs claim coast to be the worst investment they have made in a spa enjoy your day as i know i will be enjoying mine and when i am done i will post what i find inside.

Read the post above you twat, I am not a dealer and never will be. Nor do I promote Coast at every opportunity, unlike your good self who promotes the brand of Jacuzzi where and when ever possible.

P.S.

I'm happy your week is off to a good start. If I didn't have better things to do I would continue this but since you do not affect anything having to do with me or my sales or probably Coast for that matter, I no longer care. Happy cutting and please post pictures to show what is so bad.

Congrats on the spa. Looks like a Jacuzzi 465 in appearance. Please post the long-term experience (particularly service). Enjoy the spa!

Do you mean the raised rounded curve at the back edge of the tube is similar to the 465, that's the only thing that appears to be similar though I must say that the Jacuzzis are beautiful looking tubs and I am sure given their reputation that they are well made and reliable. I will keep people informed as to how my experience with the tub develops, I hope as you could imagine that this time will be uneventful but I am sure (knowing my dealer) that if and when problems arise they will be dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

Read the post above you twat, I am not a dealer and never will be. Nor do I promote Coast at every opportunity, unlike your good self who promotes the brand of Jacuzzi where and when ever possible.

lowering yourself to profanity is a sign of low education

Congrats on the spa. Looks like a Jacuzzi 465 in appearance. Please post the long-term experience (particularly service). Enjoy the spa!

and a j470/480 just another rip-off it would be nice if these guys would come up with something own their own instead of constantly ripping off other people designs and do some R&D of their own

lowering yourself to profanity is a sign of low education

I'm not the one that's acting like one. Constantly commenting the way you do in almost every post is making you appear like you are in a desperate struggle to discredit the brand and in the end you are only coming across as desperate. We all get it already, you dislike Coast spas and Jacuzzi is the bee's knees but trust me when I say we all got it by the second or third post, but after number fifty it do become tiresome.