Hs Jetsetter Heater Fuse ?

jeffr72

I have a 2002 Hot Springs Jetsetter.

6 months ago I replaced the heater

3 months ago I replaced a thermistor

1 month ago I replaced the circulation pump

Things have been running well and then the water got cold. I checked the heater pipes and there was no heat. I checked the black and white connection of the heater to the panel (220v) and my multimeter registers 0. Does anyone know if there is a heater fuse or where it may be located ? I have uploaded a link to the pic of the electrical box.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/516/elecbox.jpg

thanks,

jeff

With the power off remove the circ board from the spa pak and look at the back of it. In the picture you posted their is some "blue smoke"residue under the power leads, i have seen this before and you may have cooked the relays that run the heater.this was quite common on gecko s class spa pak's for awhile they have now fixed that issue but others still have the issue once in a while good luck

I have a 2002 Hot Springs Jetsetter.

6 months ago I replaced the heater

3 months ago I replaced a thermistor

1 month ago I replaced the circulation pump

Things have been running well and then the water got cold. I checked the heater pipes and there was no heat. I checked the black and white connection of the heater to the panel (220v) and my multimeter registers 0. Does anyone know if there is a heater fuse or where it may be located ? I have uploaded a link to the pic of the electrical box.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/516/elecbox.jpg

thanks,

jeff

make sure the circ pump is actually running. does the tstat click when you turn it up. does it click when you turn it back. make sure the filters are clean. if the circ pump is actually running you should see bubbles coming up from the the little jet at the bottom of the tub. if the circ pump is running and the tstat is clicking, follow the lead from the pressure switch to where it connects to the upper right side of the board enclosure. the pressure switch is screwed into the black heater box. see if you can jumper the leads of the pressure switch closed. then check for power at the heater again. if you now have power then you have a bad pressure switch. or junk in the end of the pump. or clogged filters. or junk under the filters, leaves and such. i pulled barney the dinosaur out of the end of a 6 hp pump once. it doesn't take much to clog a circ pump. or lower the flow enough to open the flow switch.

What's the price of a heater board ? Where are they available ?

My local Hot Tub Co. stopped me in my tracks when I mentioned no voltage and said I would need a service call.

thanks,

jeff

They should be $110 - $150. Your HotSpring dealer should sell you a heater board - they are not hard to replace.

If they won't sell it to you do some searching online to find one and then contact Watkins Mfg and let them know about that dealer.