Is It Possible To Make A 1 Speed Pool Motor A 2 Speed

I have a simple question, is it possible to install a variable switch like a dimmer to to my pool motors on off switch to cut the power in half? There is a big push in Arizona to install 2 speed pool pumps saying they could reduce my bill 40 percent. I have a 3 year old Hayward 1.5 hp on a 17000 gallon pool. I typically run it 9 or 10 hours a night after hours so I save on my electric bill which when including AC is 400 dollars a month and my house is only 1600 sq ft. Ive heard I could run it 15 hours on half speed and have clean water and save money, is this true? Ive got dimmers on ceiling fans and they are motors too so it's kind of the same concept.

9-10 hrs seems excessive for 17000 gallons. I would try running your pump less often if you don't want to buy any new equipment.

Curious how you can make a statement like this without knowing if the pump is full rated or up rated and what filter it is connected to and what it's flow rate is?