Leaks, How Where And Why

Bommel

Hi Guys,

I am interesting in leaks, and i say this on the context of spas :)

The warranty on some model ive been interested in for shell is around 12yrs, engines and jets is 5yrs but leaks is 3yrs!

Where are the weaknesses, and have people got any tips on avoiding leaks, or is it par for the course, how easy is it to repair leaks?

Thanks again from someone who is about to purchase their 1st Spa

Hi Guys,

I am interesting in leaks, and i say this on the context of spas :)

The warranty on some model ive been interested in for shell is around 12yrs, engines and jets is 5yrs but leaks is 3yrs!

Where are the weaknesses, and have people got any tips on avoiding leaks, or is it par for the course, how easy is it to repair leaks?

Thanks again from someone who is about to purchase their 1st Spa

I would say the 3 years relates mainly to pump seals and vibrating connections inside the equipment area. Water maintenence can have a big effect on your pump seal and all your union/valve gaskets located near you pumps and heater. 98 percent of leaks are an easy quick fix. But there's always that 2% that just seem to give us repair guys a hard time. Good thing they don't come up often.

Bommel, I defer to Roger regarding his expertise and experience in repairing spas (and I don't want to start another debate) but I would only add that if a leak does occur around a jet head, you may consider which style of insulation will yield a less expensive and quicker repair to your unit, full foam or thermal pane (foam only around the perimeter of the cabinet).