Cleaning Filters...

Brent Hamm

I saw a post somewhere or other about cleaning the filters in the dishwasher. Is this a good idea?

I have been taking ours to the pressure washer at the car wash..and its kinda a pain....dishwasher would be very convienent.

You must have read my post on the filter system the LA spas use. It depends on your filter setup. If you are using the normal cartridge style filter then no, you cannot put them in the dishwasher. The LA spas use a unique filter system that uses a fabric filter bag and can be removed and put in the dishwasher for cleaning. It works quite well. Here is a link to read more on it if you wish. To my knowledge the LA spa is the only one using this, however with all the different brands out there, i am sure that someone will correct me on this.

http://www.laspas.com/las_WM_AKFS.asp?varSect=AKFSKey

You must have read my post on the filter system the LA spas use. It depends on your filter setup. If you are using the normal cartridge style filter then no, you cannot put them in the dishwasher. The LA spas use a unique filter system that uses a fabric filter bag and can be removed and put in the dishwasher for cleaning. It works quite well. Here is a link to read more on it if you wish. To my knowledge the LA spa is the only one using this, however with all the different brands out there, i am sure that someone will correct me on this.

http://www.laspas.com/las_WM_AKFS.asp?varSect=AKFSKey

Alot of people put there filters in the dishwasher to clean them, but I would soak them overnight first in filter cleaner and then plunk them in the dishwasher. But I just use my hose or kitchen sink pull out to rinse them after a soak in filter cleaner.

I dont see at how a dishwasher would do much for a cartridge style filter. You need some serious water pressure to clean them correctly. I have used cartridges before and they are a pain in the arse. That is one of the reasons like these bags. I just scoop any of the big crap out of the bag and put it in the dishwasher.

That does sound better.

I seem to get junk between the ridges?? in the filter, and the pressure washer is able to clean most of that out. I kinda spray down at an angle as i slowly turn them, and the stuff washes out the bottom

Maybe i will give the dishwasher a try and see how it comes out.

Anyone else have suggestions on easier ways to clean cartrige filters.