D1 Amore Vs Hs Vista

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To finish off this topic...I ordered a HS vista today. My final decision came down to the deal I got on the vista. The D1 chairman would have been 4k more than the vista. I really liked it BUT just couldn't justify it being worth an extra 4k. Hope I made the right decision, should have it in about 3 weeks.

To finish off this topic...I ordered a HS vista today. My final decision came down to the deal I got on the vista. The D1 chairman would have been 4k more than the vista. I really liked it BUT just couldn't justify it being worth an extra 4k. Hope I made the right decision, should have it in about 3 weeks.

Cograts on your purchase. You will have many yrs of relaxing in the tub

Rest assured, you've made an excellent choice.

$K more for the Chairman?!? Frankly, I don't see how anyone could justify that.

Curious, price aside, which did you like better?

Congrats and welcome to the hot tub club. Both brands are excellent but that's a no brainer with the Chairman priced that high, they should have been about equal I'd imagine.

Now the hard part, waiting for the tub to arrive but the good news is as you have the inevitable questions while getting ready and after you get set up this site is good about helping answer just about anything (along with your dealer of course).

To be honest I would have went for the chairman. I'll explain the pricing, chairman was about 3k more in price and the HS dealer was throwing in 1k in store credit.

To be honest I would have went for the chairman. I'll explain the pricing, chairman was about 3k more in price and the HS dealer was throwing in 1k in store credit.

Nice choice, you'll save amywhere from $2,400 to $3,600 over the first 10 yrs with the Hot Spring. And others commented on how the D1 looks vs Hot Spring, you don't stand there and look at a tub, you get in and enjoy it.

Got a call from D1 dealer with a price of 12,500 with lighting and stainless option. Really tired of the game but I feel like that is finally a fair price. Need to decide tonight if its worth cancelling the vista. Is D1 really far superior to HS?

I'm not sure who is trying to convince you one is superior to the other but neither is superior and should be priced similarly, they are however two of the best brands IMO so you can't go wrong with either. Go with whichever one is best for you overall.

joe,

again just like SPATECH mentioned both are very good brands , i don't think one is better than the other, they do have different features. But your right only you can decide what to do. It is not very often you see a dealer drop like that, if you like the Vista stay with it. Me as a D1 guy, go with the D1.....but again both a great spas. you cannot go wrong either way.........have fun with it.......

joe,

again just like SPATECH mentioned both are very good brands , i don't think one is better than the other, they do have different features. But your right only you can decide what to do. It is not very often you see a dealer drop like that, if you like the Vista stay with it. Me as a D1 guy, go with the D1.....but again both a great spas. you cannot go wrong either way.........have fun with it.......

Does D1's water management really need less chemicals? also ultrapure vs ultrapure plus vs HS 100% system. Can't find any info on these systems.

Thanks for all of the feedback

Does D1's water management really need less chemicals? also ultrapure vs ultrapure plus vs HS 100% system. Can't find any info on these systems.

All spas can use chlorine. All can use Bromine. All can use mineral sticks. All can use ozone...

In the end if you're using the same sanitizing system on each they'll use the same amount of chems so the D1 won't use less or more chems than the Hot Spring if you set them up to use the same type of chems (which you can though they may use different names i.e Vision cartridge on the D1 and Nature 2 on the Hot Spring, same thing with different names).

joe,

joe,

Both work very well, the idea with the Ultrapure is D1s system they were the first company to put a factory installed ozone on a hot tub, but this system is used on the reflection series, the ozone goes thru 3 scrubbing chambers, then it offgases in the chamber not in the main body of water, so it is one of the only ozone systems approved to run while you are in the tub, if you use the Vision Cartridge with the spa it with the ozone will destroy 99 % of the bacteria thus reducing the amount of sanitizer needed, it also aloows you to go 6 months between drain and fill. the Mdrive on the D1 will also let you know when it is time to clean the filter, change the vision cartridge, to add water,Drain the spa,

The Ultrapure plus is on the Bay series it has a 4th chamber, a germicidal chamber to crub even better, also the Bay series has the IWATCh system, But for chemical use i beleive you will use about the same amount on both, both very good systems. have anymore questions on the D1 i would be more than happy to give you the right info....good luck with your decision...

joe,

What are the top 5 things you like about both?

• 1 month later...

Strongly considering the Hot Spring Vista and D1 Chairmam II. I saw a post earlier on that indicated that the Hot Spring would save money over the life of the tub. Can someone explain? Anyone have intimate understanding of both of these tubs and willing to offer the pros and cons of either?

Strongly considering the Hot Spring Vista and D1 Chairmam II. I saw a post earlier on that indicated that the Hot Spring would save money over the life of the tub. Can someone explain? Anyone have intimate understanding of both of these tubs and willing to offer the pros and cons of either?

I sold both D1 & HSS and there are some differences, but overall these are the 2 most similar brands in the industry. Hot Springs have it all over the D1 regarding filtration, especially considering the Tri-X dishwasher safe filters are standard on the Vista. They also have an edge in energy cost - so much so that the dealer in NE Ohio offers a guarantee that even using the spa 365 days/year that the average monthly cost won't be over $20 while keeping it @ 102F! (Read D1's fine print on their energy cost sheets)The Moto(Dx & single)and the Neck-Flex pillow are personal preferences, but equal in individuality & exclusivity to each company. HSS jet systems move more water @ less cost (based on HP of pumps) & take it from someone that has used spas in each tier of both companies there is no major difference in the power of the jets.

Based on the energy question let's use the NE Ohio dealer's guarantee and say the Vista costs $240/yr ($20 per month) and let's give the D1 the benefit of the doubt & say it's $365/yr ($1 a day) then that means that in 10 yrs you will save $1200 & double that to $2400 after 20 years. There are plenty of HSS owners that own their spas for over 20 years so this isn't unrealistic. Top this with less replacement & maintenance cost of filters (tri-X last 6-7 yrs and don't require chemical cleaning as often), most D1 dealers charge more for the Vision over a year than the Freshwater (read: Nature2) over the same time period, no UV bulb to replace in the ozone system and you could easily reach the $3000+ savings over the life of the spa. This argument doesn't even take into account the ACE system from HSS that virtually removes the need for chlorine & MPS shock treatments (highly recommend doing impromptu test soak of D1 & an ACE system HSS @ local dealers).

The HSS Moto breaks down after a while (although jets are warrantied for 5 yrs whereas D1 only @ time of delivery)while the Neck Flex tubing becomes britle & isn't covered (big ehadache trying to replace also), the Air valves on the D1 Dynamic Massage Sequencer are as bad, but not anywhere near as easy to repair ($$$), the D1 cover lift breaks down the seam stitching on the cover's fold & the lifetime warranty of the UltraLife shell's "Lifetime Warranty" is generally 7 years because of the fine print that you have to pay to ship it to D1 and back should they deem it needs repaired at the factory. Also the magnetic underwater switches in the Bay series easily pop off. The filter/heating cycles put extra wear & tear on the main motors of the D1 while this is a 100% non-issue w/HSS, in fact HSS also has a patented pump shroud that forces hot air from the pumps away from the electronics to increase efficiency & length of life of the equipment.

All that being said I would give the edge to HSS, but if I couldn't get a HSS I would go w/a D1. Hope this helps.

Chad

I sold both D1 & HSS and there are some differences, but overall these are the 2 most similar brands in the industry. Hot Springs have it all over the D1 regarding filtration, especially considering the Tri-X dishwasher safe filters are standard on the Vista. They also have an edge in energy cost - so much so that the dealer in NE Ohio offers a guarantee that even using the spa 365 days/year that the average monthly cost won't be over $20 while keeping it @ 102F! (Read D1's fine print on their energy cost sheets)The Moto(Dx & single)and the Neck-Flex pillow are personal preferences, but equal in individuality & exclusivity to each company. HSS jet systems move more water @ less cost (based on HP of pumps) & take it from someone that has used spas in each tier of both companies there is no major difference in the power of the jets.

Based on the energy question let's use the NE Ohio dealer's guarantee and say the Vista costs $240/yr ($20 per month) and let's give the D1 the benefit of the doubt & say it's $365/yr ($1 a day) then that means that in 10 yrs you will save $1200 & double that to $2400 after 20 years. There are plenty of HSS owners that own their spas for over 20 years so this isn't unrealistic. Top this with less replacement & maintenance cost of filters (tri-X last 6-7 yrs and don't require chemical cleaning as often), most D1 dealers charge more for the Vision over a year than the Freshwater (read: Nature2) over the same time period, no UV bulb to replace in the ozone system and you could easily reach the $3000+ savings over the life of the spa. This argument doesn't even take into account the ACE system from HSS that virtually removes the need for chlorine & MPS shock treatments (highly recommend doing impromptu test soak of D1 & an ACE system HSS @ local dealers).

The HSS Moto breaks down after a while (although jets are warrantied for 5 yrs whereas D1 only @ time of delivery)while the Neck Flex tubing becomes britle & isn't covered (big ehadache trying to replace also), the Air valves on the D1 Dynamic Massage Sequencer are as bad, but not anywhere near as easy to repair ($$$), the D1 cover lift breaks down the seam stitching on the cover's fold & the lifetime warranty of the UltraLife shell's "Lifetime Warranty" is generally 7 years because of the fine print that you have to pay to ship it to D1 and back should they deem it needs repaired at the factory. Also the magnetic underwater switches in the Bay series easily pop off. The filter/heating cycles put extra wear & tear on the main motors of the D1 while this is a 100% non-issue w/HSS, in fact HSS also has a patented pump shroud that forces hot air from the pumps away from the electronics to increase efficiency & length of life of the equipment.

All that being said I would give the edge to HSS, but if I couldn't get a HSS I would go w/a D1. Hope this helps.

Chad

Chad, That was very helpful. Seems that you are implying an edge in energy savings and reliability with the Hot Springs. Thanks for the education.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good education...but i have questions from reading this...I do sell D1 , i do not sell Hot Springs, but i am very familiar with them, a friend of mine sells them.(terminator) You say that the Hot Springs filter system is better. How ? and Why? they both are doing the same thing providing 24 hour filtration, with vertical filtration, D1 uses 2 75 Square foot filters, And Hot Springs has 5, so you can go longer great you do have to clean them more often for them to stay consistant with the cleaning and filtering, On the Energy cost, what fine print are you seeing, D1 has them on a sticker directly on the top of the shell, same base rating system as all brands( because the Califirnia Energy Commission, rememeber in order for them to be sold in California they have to meet a certain energy requirement. I believe if you take the Amore Bay one of D1's biggest spas the spa rating based on keeping it at 102 degrees using it every other day for 20 minutes based at 7 cents a kilowatt hour is $ 13.81 so how can that be such a big difference , when your running similiar circulation pumps, similiar horsepower pumps, running, both fully insulated,both 2 of the top brands in the industry.

On the Moto massage Dx or individual are the massage that goes up and down the back, the D1 Neckflex is the adjustable headrest with adjustable jets. 2 different features on the tub, both again very good.If you look at the Chairman it has the Dynamic Massage Sequencer. it is a full body massage 6 preprogrammed massages from head to toe, not just the back,

On the Vision cartridge it is a n option it gets replaced every 6 months at draininds, the Nature II gets replaced every 4 months avg. costs.. the Vision 60-80 2 times a year so lets say 160.00 the Nature II 30-40 let say 120.00 a year you have dumped the water 2 times on the D1 and 3 times on the Hot Springs, which i believe is what is recommended in the owners manual. the Vision silver catalyst is more potent the the Nature II, I sell the Vision, the Nature II, and the Spa Frog, but again these 3 are all options.

I cannot say on the breakdowns of the Moto Massage, But your claim to the D1 is Jet are covered at time of the delivery, You need to look at the warranty sheet again THEY ARE COVERED FOR ONE YEAR., but in most cases you should not have problems with the Waterway jets. in 4 years i have replaces i think 4 jets., The Dynamic Massage Sequencer uses valves like sprinklers which are designed to go on and off many times without problems, if they are not good enough for lawn sprinkler systems are they not good enough for hot tubs....

On the cover lifter issue that is as bad as the full foam thermal chamber debate.... i have sold spas with the ez lifter for 15 years and i cannot recall seeing a cover fail at that seem usually a spa cover will fail first any brand cover. i do sell a cover lifter for another brand that the lifter arm is in the cover, the only problem i have with that is you are stuck with the spa manufacturer on a replacement cover...more cost

One the Ace system i heard it works pretty good , but it still early out in the field for longevity, and isnt the salt system creating chlorine,,, the salt systems i have sold so that, i had more issues with the salt systems, so i do not push them , you actuaaly have to test for more parameters, The U/V bulb you talk of it is also a 3 chamber that offgases under the hood not in the mainn body of water, so does not degregate the cover or pillows. they last anywere from 2 years to 8 years, you have to change oila nd by filters air and oil and do not think anything aboiut it what is the differance with this...

On the Ultralife shell yes it has a lifetime warranty, this is not a 7 year thing that we talk about on spas and stoves, if the fix can be made in the field it is covered but if it is too much for the dealer to handle it would go to D1, and they fix, Yes the customer would be responsible for the freight unfortunately that is not part of fix or repair, like a car you breakdown and have to take it to the mechanin at the dealership, the owner a=has to assume some responsiblity, unfortunateley. We had to replace a spa but D1 did not charge for freight,,,,, and if Hot Springs , Cal Spas, Sundance, etc. has this issue at 2 years out of the 7 year shell warranty you are out of luck, so would it be better to pay freight and have repaired or not have an option at all...ON the Bay Series as you jump around they are magnetic they can pop off but i do not hear that happen very often , but it if they fall out they just pop right back in......

On the wear and tear the D1 uses the Laing circ pump with the Magnetic impeller that is open, and articulates. also there is a fan to move the air out of the chamber as well....

So Chad you have good points but i do not believe how far they are off, I tried to be as unbiased as possible which i try to do on this site, but facts and to be right....

Both are very good brands both have been around a long time, whether you purchase the Hot Springs or the D1 you cannot go wrong.....

• 1 month later...