Help Me Understand My Pool Equipment

bwise101

I have a home with a built in pool and spa. I have no idea what all the pipes and valves do. I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of how my system or a any pool system like mine works.

Here is a pic of the pool equipment:

Any links on tutorials, etc. would be appreciated too.

Thanks,

Byron

Water enters on the left side thru one of 4 pipes (on the left of the pic). One on the left side of the actuator, or 3 on the other.The left side is probably the spa side. The water goes thru the pump, (looks like it has a little leak) then on to the filter, then heat pump, thru a chlorinator, then off to the return side valve actuator (back to pool or spa). Looks like spa is on the right side, and 2 paths for the pool side. The pipe sticking up and has holes in it is the air line for the jets.

Hope that was understandable.

So, what would you like to know? I'll try to answer as best i can.

Thanks for the responses and diagram. I do not have a water feature. One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to keep the Spa warm. I'll explain. The pool person put a 60 minute timer on the spa. I have to turn it and the spa heats up and the jets operate. However, when the timer expires the spa heat is then "mixed" with the pool water and quickly cools. I'm not sure why this is happening. I was trying to noodle out where all the pipes go and see if there is a work around. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Byron

This might be what you are looking for, typically the spa suc and spa return are set up on the same side so the actuators (electric Jandy valves) do not have to be re-cammed. Do you have a water feature, I'm wondering what the extra return line is...

http://www.poolcenter.com/images/jandy_plumbing_diagram_pg7.jpg