What Brand Chlorine Generator?

mauiwh

Hello:

I was wondering what the builders are putting in new salt water pools? I have to replace a chlorine generator system, and want to buy a good one that a lot of people are using. One that pool builders know are good systems.

Thanks,

Mauiwh

Hello:

I was wondering what the builders are putting in new salt water pools? I have to replace a chlorine generator system, and want to buy a good one that a lot of people are using. One that pool builders know are good systems.

Thanks,

Mauiwh

Welcome to the forum.

If you're limiting responses to builders, those in the Northern hemisphere are likely to be crazy-busy right now, so it may take a while to get more than one or two to respond to your post.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a builder, but a pool service company. I really like the goldline system. Simple to install, simple to service, easy to use user interface, it's the most reliable Salt System we've used. I used to like the Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 but have have several on my route that have had reoccurring problems, some have needed the same repair twice even a third time. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently installing Pentair IC40's and to this point, we've been patient. They appear to be getting better though.

I think Aqua-Rite's may be a better/reliable unit, because 1. I don't get calls to repair them, and 2. Not many people on this forum start threads about them. Lot's more for the Jandy A/P's.

I use compu pool salt generators. They have a great price point and are great salt generator http://www.compupool.com.au/ this website should answer more questions, but feel free to email me i will be glad to answer any questions you might have.

This is the 10th house I have owned with a swimming pool. This one had a worn out salt system. My pool service contracted with the local Compu Pool distributor to have one of their new ones installed. It has been nothing but trouble from day one. At first we thought the pool had a leak because the salt levels kept dropping. Then we discovered that the unit was shutting itself off in the middle of the day, then it started displaying "non-Genuine, call dealer" with no response. I finally emailed the manufacturer, they sent a list of instructions to rectify the specific non-genuine issue. Even after I programmed the missing information the unit still persists on shutting off in the middle of the day or just does not turn on when the timer calls for it. And every time the system is asked to self-test the salt levels it gives a completely different reading varying as much as 1500 ppm. I am so frustrated that no one from the local dealer will return any of our calls!! BTW this is in Phoenix Arizona.

• 2 weeks later...