Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator Not Working

Dave_B

I have an inground pool with an Aqua Rite chlorine generator and T-15 cell (note that cell was recently inspected at nearby pool dealer and "passed").

Here are the stats shown on the control panel:

Salt level: 3000 (NOTE: our pool store measured our water and said the salt was really 3300 ppm)

Pool temp: 77

Cell voltage: 31.9

Cell current: 0.00

Desired output: 99p

Instant salinity: -0

Product name: AL-5 (?? I do not have a separate controller and have tried to change this to AL-0 per user manual)

Software revision: r1.33

The only LED that is on is the "Power" light. No other LED's are on. Note that I have tried to toggle the Auto/SuperChlorinate switch to set AL-5 to AL-0 without any response (per other forum discussions). I've also visually inspected the controller board and did not see anything unusual.

Please help!

I spoke with Goldline tech support and they stated that because of my unsuccessful attempt to change the Product name back to AL-0, that I need to by a new board (GLX-PCB-RITE). Can anyone confirm before I throw out a couple hundred bucks?

Thanks

I spoke with Goldline tech support and they stated that because of my unsuccessful attempt to change the Product name back to AL-0, that I need to by a new board (GLX-PCB-RITE). Can anyone confirm before I throw out a couple hundred bucks?

Thanks

don't know about the product name but T15 should be in the diognostics. thats the cell you are using and works with pools up to 40,000 gallons.

was it installed right? was the cell installed the right way round?

what is your CYA level? it needs to be 60-80ppm.

how long are you running the pump. it needs to run at least 8hrs.

you have enough salt. the unit works above 2700ppm of salt.

you say only the power led is on? not even the flow light? is your flow switch installed right? it needs at least to be 3" upstream of the cell. I know they say 6" but I've heard 3" will work. but if this flow switch is not installed right the control will see no flow and will shut down generation of Cl.

AL-5 setting emualates a Jandy Aquapure so you can use your Aqua-Rite on a Jandy RS system. How did you try to change this value? If no other LED is lite, I would think you a board problem. Did you completely power it down?

You need a new board. Gavin's comment above is incorrect. The t-15 will only be in you diagnostic menu if the board revision is 1.5 or later. You posted 1.33rev. And the flow switch needs to have 12" of straight pipe upstream from it and the cell can be used as this. You can install the cell anyway you want, horizontal, vertical, upside down, cord side first or not, it makes no difference.

Get yourself a new GLX-PCB-RITE. Follow the instructions that come with it and use the new wires as well. Your new board revision is wired differently than ver 1.33. The illustrations on the instructions make it a very simple replacement. :D