Problem With Pressure Control Dial

Gouie

Hey everyone, I have a bit of an issue I'm hoping you can help me out with. First off yes, it's an infinity from Costco. It was left with the house I recently purchased. Although I'm reading about the former company and the number of unhappy owners, it was free and so far working well ... with one exception. I don't claim to know much about the spa or spas in general so please be kind. There is a control rotational knob on the top of the spa with "on" turn this way and "off" turn that way. I presume this to control the pressure of the jets. I turned the knob to "on" and watched it shoot about 3ft into the air. I thought I gathered all of the pieces (3 in total) and managed to screw it back together, however, with the knob fully tightened I can still pull the entire assembly straight up and out of the housing. Now the jets run continuously even though they have been turned off and the "waterfall" from the handle never shuts off. If I remove the knob and push the center cowel straight down into the housing the jets stop. In addition whenever I turn on one the two jet buttons, the knob fires north bound and water jets out of the knob housing. Of course trying to contact the manufacturer is useless and Costco will not help as I am not the original owner.

I'm looking for any information on what the infamous knob is, how should it mount, should I be able to pull it out when it is fully tightened?

HELP!