Taylor K-2106 In Orlando Or Buffalo?

Hello,

I'm from Canada and our local pool shop wants $200+s/h for the Taylor K-2106 (I have a bromine pool).

I'll be travelling to the US in two weeks and I was hoping to pick one up for much cheaper while I'm down there.

We'll be driving across the border to fly out of Buffalo, and then staying on Disney World property. Does anyone knows any pool shops near either Disney World or the Buffalo airport that carry the Taylor K-2106?

In the meantime, I've got a cheap test kit from the local pool store. Can I use this for a bromine pool too? Do I need to make any adjustments to the numbers?

Thanks!!!

Or you can get a K-2006 ($143 CDN) with the chlorine reagents and multiply the results by 2,25. It may be easier to obtain than the K-2106. Or get a K-2005 then just buy the FAS-DPD reagents, that too may be cheaper. A lot of dealers won't stock the K-2106 because of the slower turnaround compared to the K-2005/2006.

You can multiply the results from your cheap test kit by 2,25 to get your bromine equivalent.

• 5 weeks later...

Since total bromine is really all that we measure in a bromine pool an OTO test (comparator is shades of yellow) will be sufficient for you for testing bromine. The Taylor K-1003 has almost all the tests you will need for a bromine pool at quite a lot less money than the K-2106! The kit will test for total bromine to 10 ppm, pH with acid and base demand. and total alkalinity.

You can also get the K-1004 which is the same as above except it uses DPD testing instead of OTO. It is a bit more expensive than the K-1003 but it is still only about $35 Canadian.

The only test that is not included that you will need (if you have a plaster or fiberglass pool) is the calcium hardness test, but you can get the Taylor K-1770 for that test (about $50 Canadian)

If you do the math this becomes a very cost effective way to test your bromine pool. I personally still prefer the K-2106 but the suggestions above are certainly viable and very cost effective.

If you are going to be in the US the K-1003 is under $20 US, the K-1004 is under $21 US and the K-1770 is about $25 US.