Beachcomber 700 Series Vs Coast Spa 2 Motor Spas

Tripp

Hi everyone

We are about to buy a new hot tub in the very near future. We are looking at two Canadian made tubs and are very interested in opinions/advice.

We are looking at the Beachcomber 700 series versus the Coast Spa Freedom deluxe series. These have the 2 pump system. The dealers in our area are well known in backing their products. We are in the $12,000 price range.

What is your opinion on the quality of these manufacturers and these particular models

Beachcomber has the pumps on the outside of the tub and Coast Spa on the inside. Also, Beachcomber does not have/use ozonator ye Coast Spa does.

Any info or advice at all would be greatly appreciated before we depart with out money and become hot tub owners for the very first time!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone

We are about to buy a new hot tub in the very near future. We are looking at two Canadian made tubs and are very interested in opinions/advice.

We are looking at the Beachcomber 700 series versus the Coast Spa Freedom deluxe series. These have the 2 pump system. The dealers in our area are well known in backing their products. We are in the $12,000 price range.

What is your opinion on the quality of these manufacturers and these particular models

Beachcomber has the pumps on the outside of the tub and Coast Spa on the inside. Also, Beachcomber does not have/use ozonator ye Coast Spa does.

Any info or advice at all would be greatly appreciated before we depart with out money and become hot tub owners for the very first time!!!!

Thanks in advance!

It probably will come down to which tub is more comfortable and which dealer you feel more comfortable with..Beachcomber has been around over 30 years and Coast over 15 both are not going anywhere soon.

Although Beachcomber mostly sell their Hybrid verion of tub ,they do offer the equiptment on the inside of the tub like Coast if you want it. The testing they have done claims more energy efficient on the out side. Also all the Hybrid tubs are ozone ready and can be added anytime they also offer ClearTech UV. Keep us posted and Good Luck.

Thanks Hotrod! I appreciate your insight. We are very new to this (it will be our first hot tub) so we can use all the advice we can get.

Up to now the Coast Spa dealer has a "sale" on, in that there's some sort of factory pre-order gimmick thing on right now. The list on theirs was 14,065 (before taxes), but are at $11,800 everything in. A big difference! We are going back to Beachcomber tomorrow for another look and see if they have the same thing going on. Apparently they did back in April!

Thanks Hotrod! I appreciate your insight. We are very new to this (it will be our first hot tub) so we can use all the advice we can get.

Up to now the Coast Spa dealer has a "sale" on, in that there's some sort of factory pre-order gimmick thing on right now. The list on theirs was 14,065 (before taxes), but are at $11,800 everything in. A big difference! We are going back to Beachcomber tomorrow for another look and see if they have the same thing going on. Apparently they did back in April!

Ignore that list price talk. They haven't given you any information that says that $11,800 price is any better than their usual offering because comparing it to a list price is meaningless. Factory pre-order talk may have some meaning (maybe they get a cheaper price by preordering a full truck or something) but who knows and who knows if the savings are passed on.

The reality is you should get that spa brand/model if that is what you want but not because you've been convinced the price is better than usual with faulty logic like a comparison to a list price. Keep comparing the two brands, the two dealers and by all means try to wet test. Also, even if they are telling you this is their sale price don't hesitate to counter offer when you are ready to purchase to see if you can't improve the price or get things added.

Ignore that list price talk. They haven't given you any information that says that $11,800 price is any better than their usual offering because comparing it to a list price is meaningless. Factory pre-order talk may have some meaning (maybe they get a cheaper price by preordering a full truck or something) but who knows and who knows if the savings are passed on.

The reality is you should get that spa brand/model if that is what you want but not because you've been convinced the price is better than usual with faulty logic like a comparison to a list price. Keep comparing the two brands, the two dealers and by all means try to wet test. Also, even if they are telling you this is their sale price don't hesitate to counter offer when you are ready to purchase to see if you can't improve the price or get things added.

the reason for the price drop is the yearly sell off of old stock they can go a lot lower than what they say yet having worked on this lowly stuff for 8 years i would go with the beachcommer or a jacuzzi stay away from the coast spa

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance!

Being a Coast dealer I am obviously biased but I think they make one of the best spas in the industry. I am assuming you are looking at a Freedom Deluxe 40 jet. The Freedom is a nice spa but I personally would step up to an Elite 45 jet Freedom as you get larger motors, extra year of warranty, a diverter for the volcano jet and more standard features. I have no experience with Beachcomber other than I hear they are a quality manufacturer. Assuming you are comfortable with both dealers let a wet test decide which is right for you. Coast is an expensive spa. If those prices are U.S dollars then they are high.

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance!

Being a Coast dealer I am obviously biased but I think they make one of the best spas in the industry. I am assuming you are looking at a Freedom Deluxe 40 jet. The Freedom is a nice spa but I personally would step up to an Elite 45 jet Freedom as you get larger motors, extra year of warranty, a diverter for the volcano jet and more standard features. I have no experience with Beachcomber other than I hear they are a quality manufacturer. Assuming you are comfortable with both dealers let a wet test decide which is right for you. Coast is an expensive spa. If those prices are U.S dollars then they are high.

trust us not a dealer rep go with the BC i have work on coast flaws stuff for 8 years they are not the worlds best built spa go with the BC or JACUZZI

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance!

trust us not a dealer rep go with the BC i have work on coast flaws stuff for 8 years they are not the worlds best built spa go with the BC or JACUZZI

Thats great that you have worked on Coast for 8 years. I never said they were the worlds best built hot tub even though that is their slogan. I believe they make a great spa. So does Jacuzzi and from what I hear BC does too even though I have never encountered one. I have no invested interest if this person buys a Coast or not, just stating my opinion and doing nothing different that some of the dealers or techs on here for Hot Springs, D1, Jacuzzi and so forth. I have only sold Coast for 2 years so I cannot comment on what the older models are like but I have been selling spas for 10 years and I know the difference between a quality product and a crappy product and Coast is not a flawed product. Just curious though, what are ALL of Coast's flaws that you are talking about.

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance!

Thats great that you have worked on Coast for 8 years. I never said they were the worlds best built hot tub even though that is their slogan. I believe they make a great spa. So does Jacuzzi and from what I hear BC does too even though I have never encountered one. I have no invested interest if this person buys a Coast or not, just stating my opinion and doing nothing different that some of the dealers or techs on here for Hot Springs, D1, Jacuzzi and so forth. I have only sold Coast for 2 years so I cannot comment on what the older models are like but I have been selling spas for 10 years and I know the difference between a quality product and a crappy product and Coast is not a flawed product. Just curious though, what are ALL of Coast's flaws that you are talking about.

the last coast flaw that i worked on came from the factory with not 1 but 2 3 inch holes drilled into the plumbing the drain was glued closed the m class spa pak came with no software so the topside would not work anything the power supply for the radio was n/g out of the factory as well as the radio was n/g the water fall would not work to top all that this tub was a 3 hour drive from the factory and they would not take it back the dealer tried to fix these things in the feild and ended up after close to a month took it back to there store and fixed there IF this tub had been "wet tested" as they claim would not these flaws been found?the other things i had found over the years were things like bad glue joints bad spa paks jets that pop out or don't draw air cuts in the flex pipe where the roll was cut open and tape over the air intake's for the jets floor drains that are not glued wood panels that warp day's after unwrapping a spa spa's wrapped for shipping with the stain still wet so that it looks like crap when it's opened on delivery bad pull's on the shell that are so thin that you can see light thru the shell high gloss shell crazed right from the factory O-rings missing tech support was poor or of no help so that said again IF these spa's are "wet tested" these flaw's would not make it out of the factory yet they are

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance!

the last coast flaw that i worked on came from the factory with not 1 but 2 3 inch holes drilled into the plumbing the drain was glued closed the m class spa pak came with no software so the topside would not work anything the power supply for the radio was n/g out of the factory as well as the radio was n/g the water fall would not work to top all that this tub was a 3 hour drive from the factory and they would not take it back the dealer tried to fix these things in the feild and ended up after close to a month took it back to there store and fixed there IF this tub had been "wet tested" as they claim would not these flaws been found?the other things i had found over the years were things like bad glue joints bad spa paks jets that pop out or don't draw air cuts in the flex pipe where the roll was cut open and tape over the air intake's for the jets floor drains that are not glued wood panels that warp day's after unwrapping a spa spa's wrapped for shipping with the stain still wet so that it looks like crap when it's opened on delivery bad pull's on the shell that are so thin that you can see light thru the shell high gloss shell crazed right from the factory O-rings missing tech support was poor or of no help so that said again IF these spa's are "wet tested" these flaw's would not make it out of the factory yet they are that said what did you sell before this stuff and why did you quit and take up this stuff??

Well i have worked at coast spas in the langley factory ,four different times,adding up to fours years and just quit their for a way better job,but everything david said is true, they rush their spas through the line so fast just to get them out the door,have untrained people working on the tubs,they under pay their employees,so alot of the people couldn't give two cents about the spas they are building,they water test the spas right after they have been plumbed,so the cement hasnt properly set yet,often run out of primer but still plumb the soft pipe anyways,if people actually seen half the stuff that goes on there they would stay far away from coast spas.

Well i have worked at coast spas in the langley factory ,four different times,adding up to fours years and just quit their for a way better job,but everything david said is true, they rush their spas through the line so fast just to get them out the door,have untrained people working on the tubs,they under pay their employees,so alot of the people couldn't give two cents about the spas they are building,they water test the spas right after they have been plumbed,so the cement hasnt properly set yet,often run out of primer but still plumb the soft pipe anyways,if people actually seen half the stuff that goes on there they would stay far away from coast spas.

are they still calling the yellow pump a 5HP? when you do the math it comes out to be 4.4 hp yet they call it a 5 so if the pump is yellow it's not a true 5hp these are the ones that catch on fire

are they still calling the yellow pump a 5HP? when you do the math it comes out to be 4.4 hp yet they call it a 5 so if the pump is yellow it's not a true 5hp these are the ones that catch on fire

While i find it suspicious that someone who joins this forum today hops on the bashing bandwagon, whatever. Being that I have not been in the factory and never encountered any of the problems that either surreyguy or david_bilton mentioned I cannot comment on the truth to those statements. The motors that caught fire were Franklin electric motors, not the AO Smith ones that have been used since we started carrying them. While yes the yellow 5hp is really only a 4.4hp, it is much closer to real hp than many other companies claim theres to be so that is just irrelevant. It is what it is and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The only issue I have had with Coast spa was a one bad balboa topside and one freight damage claim so until I actually see issues I maintain my belief and opinion of Coast and the company. Since i have never bad mouthed anyone or company on this board I would appreciate my character and trust worthiness not being brought into question just because i sell Coast and now one of the favored brands.

While i find it suspicious that someone who joins this forum today hops on the bashing bandwagon, whatever. Being that I have not been in the factory and never encountered any of the problems that either surreyguy or david_bilton mentioned I cannot comment on the truth to those statements. The motors that caught fire were Franklin electric motors, not the AO Smith ones that have been used since we started carrying them. While yes the yellow 5hp is really only a 4.4hp, it is much closer to real hp than many other companies claim theres to be so that is just irrelevant. It is what it is and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The only issue I have had with Coast spa was a one bad balboa topside and one freight damage claim so until I actually see issues I maintain my belief and opinion of Coast and the company. Since i have never bad mouthed anyone or company on this board I would appreciate my character and trust worthiness not being brought into question just because i sell Coast and now one of the favored brands.

the question still stands what did you sell before and why did you change?ampsxvolts divided by736 will give you hp

the question still stands what did you sell before and why did you change?ampsxvolts divided by736 will give you hp

I sold Cal and before that Saratoga. Stopped carrying Saratoga because we felt they were too expensive for what we got and we needed to be more competitive in our market. Stopped selling Cal because of the way we were treated by the company and because the product had issues which I will go more into detail if you like. I have also sold Dakota Spas, Great Lakes, Clearwater, Nordic, and Shoreline (Dynasty) as secondary lines.

nobody is out for you.paranoid maybe?taking the forum to personal maybe?have you gone to any dealer meetings? sat in on any round table meeting?dealer talk about these things all the time. does don still sport the rock star hair do? how long have you been selling spa's to go thru 7spa line's seem's like alot?anyway enough of this rant the fact of the matter is beachcomber over coast spa's .not the soap box you are standing on.i have been reading this forum for a year before is signed up and so far you are the only coast spa flag waver i have found. at least the ARCTIC SPA`s people read this and comment and offer help i think one of them may be either an owner or upper management types any way back to matters at hand BEACHCOMBER 0r even pacific for that matter over coast these are my feelings only and nobody`s but mine GOOD-BYE end of message..

I sold Cal and before that Saratoga. Stopped carrying Saratoga because we felt they were too expensive for what we got and we needed to be more competitive in our market. Stopped selling Cal because of the way we were treated by the company and because the product had issues which I will go more into detail if you like. I have also sold Dakota Spas, Great Lakes, Clearwater, Nordic, and Shoreline (Dynasty) as secondary lines.

nobody is out for you.paranoid maybe?taking the forum to personal maybe?have you gone to any dealer meetings? sat in on any round table meeting?dealer talk about these things all the time. does don still sport the rock star hair do? how long have you been selling spa's to go thru 7spa line's seem's like alot?anyway enough of this rant the fact of the matter is beachcomber over coast spa's .not the soap box you are standing on.i have been reading this forum for a year before is signed up and so far you are the only coast spa flag waver i have found. at least the ARCTIC SPA`s people read this and comment and offer help i think one of them may be either an owner or upper management types any way back to matters at hand BEACHCOMBER 0r even pacific for that matter over coast these are my feelings only and nobody`s but mine GOOD-BYE end of message..

I took offense when you said not to trust a Coast rep. If I were to bash others then it would be understandable. I have been selling spas for 10 years. The reason I have sold so many is that the second lines of spas we brought in didn't always work out. Dakota went out of business which is why we stopped carrying them. Great Lakes had about a big price increase 4 years ago and we felt they were not worth the increase. First order of Clearwater all leaked so that was it. The company I work for will do what we feel is best for our customers and if that means changing spa lines then we do.

well i thought this was a hot tub forum were people post there views and opinions about the products to find out which ones are superior and i didn't know that it was apparently required that you have to be a member on here for some time before you post,all i know is that buying a coast spa is a complete crap shoot,there are some descent spas at best that come out of the factory ,but i will put money on it that at least half the spas that leave the plant have flaws before they even get loaded onto the trucks,and some of the stuff they say on their website is so misleading,like them saying they use up to eight layers of fiberglass to coat the tubs lol more like two,and i was there when they got iso certified you know how they pulled that off they gave half the people the day off when the iso inspectors came through the plant,mainly the ones who don't really know what they are doing,i could go on for a while about some of the things i witnessed when i worked there.....and yes david good ole don still has his rock star hair,maybe if he worried less about his i am a god identity and more about the product thats coming out of the factory you would not hear about some of these storys,like the one where five months ago chad the gm had to fly too france and the uk and spend over a week there to fix all the tubs from a big shipment because they were so dissapointed the dealers wanted to cancel their remaining orders..but i digress,all i know is that if they worried more about quality over quantity the could have a way better product but unfortunetly thats not the case.

well i thought this was a hot tub forum were people post there views and opinions about the products to find out which ones are superior and i didn't know that it was apparently required that you have to be a member on here for some time before you post,all i know is that buying a coast spa is a complete crap shoot,there are some descent spas at best that come out of the factory,but i will put money on it that at least half the spas that leave the plant have flaws before they even get loaded onto the trucks,and some of the stuff they say on their website is so misleading,like them saying they use up to eight layers of fiberglass to coat the tubs lol more like two,and i was there when they got iso certified you know how they pulled that off they gave half the people the day off when the iso inspectors came through the plant,mainly the ones who don't really know what they are doing,i could go on for a while about some of the things i witnessed when i worked there.....and yes david good ole don still has his rock star hair,maybe if he worried less about his i am a god identity and more about the product thats coming out of the factory you would not hear about some of these storys,like the one where five months ago chad the gm had to fly too france and the uk and spend over a week there to fix all the tubs from a big shipment because they were so dissapointed they wanted to cancel their remaining orders..but i digress,all i know is that if they worried more about quality over quantity the could have a way better product but unfortunetly thats not the cause .

a quick question for you when coast put out there company video they claimed to reinforce the spa's with steel angle iron do they still do this or is it just a claim? when i did the factory thing back in 2004 they would not show us the fiberglassing area so we could see for ourself's thanks dave

well i thought this was a hot tub forum were people post there views and opinions about the products to find out which ones are superior and i didn't know that it was apparently required that you have to be a member on here for some time before you post,all i know is that buying a coast spa is a complete crap shoot,there are some descent spas at best that come out of the factory ,but i will put money on it that at least half the spas that leave the plant have flaws before they even get loaded onto the trucks,and some of the stuff they say on their website is so misleading,like them saying they use up to eight layers of fiberglass to coat the tubs lol more like two,and i was there when they got iso certified you know how they pulled that off they gave half the people the day off when the iso inspectors came through the plant,mainly the ones who don't really know what they are doing,i could go on for a while about some of the things i witnessed when i worked there.....and yes david good ole don still has his rock star hair,maybe if he worried less about his i am a god identity and more about the product thats coming out of the factory you would not hear about some of these storys,like the one where five months ago chad the gm had to fly too france and the uk and spend over a week there to fix all the tubs from a big shipment because they were so dissapointed the dealers wanted to cancel their remaining orders..but i digress,all i know is that if they worried more about quality over quantity the could have a way better product but unfortunetly thats not the case.

Since this thread is no longer about the customer I am going to leave it alone. Until I see the issues mentioned by david_bilton or surreyguy or see poor quality my stance is they make a good product. You two have your right to an opinion and so I do so I and at this point its best to agree to disagree.

Since this thread is no longer about the customer I am going to leave it alone. Until I see the issues mentioned by david_bilton or surreyguy or see poor quality my stance is they make a good product. You two have your right to an opinion and so I do so I and at this point its best to agree to disagree.

here's another one for you i have a coast spa owner who bought a new spa cover from one of thier dealers 4 months ago and the thing broke in the middle when they contacted the dealer about it they said so sad when they phoned the factory they were told sorry can't help contact your dealer.... some help that was ..yet that seemto be normal

Update for you.......

We bought a BC this weekend - model 720. We looked hard at them all, and the quality build along with the dealers reputation was what did it for us.

Many thanks for the input and advice, and you'll no doubt see more questions from us as we become first-time hot tub owners!

Again, thanks!