Hotspring Circ Pump?

On my 2000 Jetsetter, If I have the door off I sometimes hear a relay click and the circ pump shuts down. green and red lights are on. I was clearing the ozone injector when this happened.

Do the circ pumps run continuously on this model?

thx

bob

Yes they run 24/7 - you might have it in summer mode - is there a little "summer timer" icon in the bottom right of the display? If so you are in summer mode and the circ pump will turn off for 8 hours a day.

On my 2000 Jetsetter, If I have the door off I sometimes hear a relay click and the circ pump shuts down. green and red lights are on. I was clearing the ozone injector when this happened.

thx

bob

Yes they run 24/7 - you might have it in summer mode - is there a little "summer timer" icon in the bottom right of the display? If so you are in summer mode and the circ pump will turn off for 8 hours a day.

Nope, not summer mode. The pump does come back on after a short while, 30 mins or so. Almost like a reset?

bob

thx

bob

Nope, not summer mode. The pump does come back on after a short while, 30 mins or so. Almost like a reset?

bob

Pull the filters and see if that makes a difference. The newest circ pumps are self priming and will turn on and off if not primed.

thx

bob

bob

Pull the filters and see if that makes a difference. The newest circ pumps are self priming and will turn on and off if not primed.

Thanks

I put a new cart in today and will see what happens.

thx

bob

Still having problems even with new filter cart. Today I blew in the ozone line to force air into the pump and it started working?

thx

bob

Let's see if it keeps going. Make sure you have a good flow of bubbles from the heater return (bottom drain).

Still having problems even with new filter cart. Today I blew in the ozone line to force air into the pump and it started working?

thx

bob

Let's see if it keeps going. Make sure you have a good flow of bubbles from the heater return (bottom drain).

So far so good. Pete, it seems to happen when I have the front panel off. I thought maybe it's just coincidence because I'm there but it seems to go fine for days if leave the panel on? Is that crazy or does that sound like something that could cause the pump to shut down?

thx

bob

thx

bob

So far so good. Pete, it seems to happen when I have the front panel off. I thought maybe it's just coincidence because I'm there but it seems to go fine for days if leave the panel on? Is that crazy or does that sound like something that could cause the pump to shut down?

thx

bob

Crazy coincidence.

thx

bob

thx

bob

Crazy coincidence.

Shucks, I spoke to soon. Panel on, lost my bubbles again. Should I just get a new E-5? Are they better than the 5000?

thx

bob

thx

bob

thx

bob

Crazy coincidence.

Shucks, I spoke to soon. Panel on, lost my bubbles again. Should I just get a new E-5? Are they better than the 5000?

thx

bob

No bubbles. But do you have flow? Is your heater reset popping. Might not be circ pump at all.

thx

bob

Crazy coincidence.

thx

bob

No bubbles. But do you have flow? Is your heater reset popping. Might not be circ pump at all.

Yes, sometimes flow with no bubbles. Occasionally flashing red light but mostly flow with bubbles coming and going. The injector has been physically and chemically cleaned.

The pump is 10 years old and I wonder if it's just getting tired? Do the magnetic drive pumps get intermittent when they are wearing out, unlike a direct drive pump?

thx

bob