New Spa Owner

moose

Just purchased a Master Spa Twighlight Series TS240. I was in the market for a nice small spa and this seemed to fit the bill. I like the spa in general-However, after I got it up and running, it had a leak, which they did fix, but even more dissappointing is that the jets really have very little power. You can't run both seats at a reasonable water pressure at the same time! I have been talking with the dealer and they are offering to either replace the pump with a more powerful one or upgrade my spa to the Twighlight series 6.2. for an additional cost of $900. I am not sure what the best thing to do would be. Any advise out there for a newbie?

Just purchased a Master Spa Twighlight Series TS240. I was in the market for a nice small spa and this seemed to fit the bill. I like the spa in general-However, after I got it up and running, it had a leak, which they did fix, but even more dissappointing is that the jets really have very little power. You can't run both seats at a reasonable water pressure at the same time! I have been talking with the dealer and they are offering to either replace the pump with a more powerful one or upgrade my spa to the Twighlight series 6.2. for an additional cost of $900. I am not sure what the best thing to do would be. Any advise out there for a newbie?

get your money back and go get a jacuzzi

Get your money back and get anyone of several different brands out there.

I agree with Roger. Just this time WET TEST, WET TEST, WET TEST.

Don't let anyone install a larger pump in a manufactured spa.

I'd try to get my money back; they won't want to but I'd push it even if I had to pay a restocking fee because you don't want to spend the next 10 years wishing you'd gotten a spa that fit you. Even though the lesson here is about wet testing mostly and not the brand necessarily I'd also get a better brand than Master next time if I was able to escape altogether.

but even more dissappointing is that the jets really have very little power. You can't run both seats at a reasonable water pressure at the same time!

When we were looking for a spa we found quite a few makes and models had this problem as well, it is not unique to your spa.

I would suggest a wet test when spa shopping, as others have, move around each seat and adjust the controls, that way you can see if they are powerful enough for you.