I Just Bought A Used Tiger River Bengal And Need Moving Advice

gcally

I just bought a 2005 Tiger River Bengal for $2000 (I think it got a good deal) and I need to move it about 150 miles. The only trailer I can get access to is a 5x8 flat bed trailer with rails. What is my best option when tying it down to the trailer?

Option 1: Sit the hot tub on the rails of the trailer and tie it down using ratchet tie downs. The only problem I see is that the tub will hang over the rails a little bit. What really concerns me about this method is that the whole center of the hot tub will not be supported. The center of the tub will be sitting about a foot or two off the trailer.

Option 2: Sit the hot tub on its side (equipment side down). Is there any issue using this method? Will plastic siding on the tub be strong enough to hold the weight for a 150 mile trip? What should I use under the tub and how tight should I make the tie downs?

Thanks Greg (first time spa owner)

IMO with that spa you can go either way - it is VERY structurally sound.

How about option 3: Put the spa in at an angle. I would have the equipment side sitting on the wood part of the trailer and the other side of the tub hanging over one of the rails and wheel wells.

IMO with that spa you can go either way - it is VERY structurally sound.

How about option 3: Put the spa in at an angle. I would have the equipment side sitting on the wood part of the trailer and the other side of the tub hanging over one of the rails and wheel wells.

Yea me to, but I would add some blocks underneath for support and use some softeners (folded up cardboard) on the edges for the straps. Put the cover in the back of the truck. Bring a tarp to wrap the cover.