Sizing A Spa

Theojt

Noob selecting my first spa. Me and my S.O. live with two growing (teenage) boys in our house. My sister/bro-in law live next door and my two nieces are same age as the two boys. They all hang out together (plus a couple of neighborhood friends) Other family members parents, (sister, brother, spouses, kids) live 10 minutes away.

Other than wet testing, the big consideration right now is "how many people will concurrently use the tub, on average"?

I am looking at the HS Envoy (5 person) and the Vista (6 person). I figure 4 of us on a regular basis. But I wonder if it might be more.

What has your experience been? Do teenagers use spas much (not considering "spa parties") or far less? Do your family members tend to visit more often once you got your tubs?

Price difference isn't that great, just concerned about estimating usage so I don't get the Envoy and then wish I'd have gotten the slightly larger Vista. Conversely, I don't want to go with a Vista only to find that it's just me and the S.O. most of the time.

Thanks,

Jeff

If cost isnt a concern, and you like the bigger one just as well as the other, go bigger. Sounds like you will be happier. We have a 6 seater, but usually is just the wife and I. when that is the case, we only fold one-half of the lid back. keeps the heat in during the dead of winter. Nice to have the additional seating capacity when we entertain.

If cost isnt a concern, and you like the bigger one just as well as the other, go bigger. Sounds like you will be happier. We have a 6 seater, but usually is just the wife and I. when that is the case, we only fold one-half of the lid back. keeps the heat in during the dead of winter. Nice to have the additional seating capacity when we entertain.

Ours "technically" is a seven seater - Arctic Yukon - but realistically, four adults, maybe five can stretch out comfortably. We have not (yet) had six in there, I will report back when we do, but four can VERY comfortably stretch out and not end up playing footsies.

Some might think - OH BOY - a 7-8-9 seater, what fun, parties, etc. but if around 80-90 percent of the time it's just one or two of you, then plan accordingly. If you have a party and entertain, some guests will just have to wait their turn.

An intriging option that you may want to take a look at is the D1 Arena. It would be a really fun tub for a small group of four to seven but would still seem a reasonable size for two. I like the simplicity and energy efficiency. It has one single speed pump, a circ pump and a single filter. The typhoon jet in the center would be great for deep massage on the legs or feet, in addition to good, simple adequate jetting with some variety for the upper body. Then turn the massage jets off and let the whirlpool jet provide water movement in the whole pool. It sells for less than $6000 in my area.

I am looking at the HS Envoy (5 person) and the Vista (6 person). I figure 4 of us on a regular basis. But I wonder if it might be more.

What has your experience been? Do teenagers use spas much (not considering "spa parties") or far less? Do your family members tend to visit more often once you got your tubs?

Price difference isn't that great, just concerned about estimating usage so I don't get the Envoy and then wish I'd have gotten the slightly larger Vista. Conversely, I don't want to go with a Vista only to find that it's just me and the S.O. most of the time.

Thanks,

Jeff

My experience is that my 3 teenagers don't go in as much as when they were younger but in general I'd say go with the bigger of the 2 Hot Springs you're looking at or consider a no lounge option if you room matters at all.

An intriging option that you may want to take a look at is the D1 Arena. It would be a really fun tub for a small group of four to seven but would still seem a reasonable size for two. I like the simplicity and energy efficiency. It has one single speed pump, a circ pump and a single filter. The typhoon jet in the center would be great for deep massage on the legs or feet, in addition to good, simple adequate jetting with some variety for the upper body. Then turn the massage jets off and let the whirlpool jet provide water movement in the whole pool. It sells for less than $6000 in my area.

A very nice option that I am waiting for. The dealer I know here is keeping his eyes open for me for a used one. Maybe the customer is moving and wants to sell it back or something. I want one to set on my deck for a while at my new place. The Arena would be a good fit.

A very nice option that I am waiting for. The dealer I know here is keeping his eyes open for me for a used one. Maybe the customer is moving and wants to sell it back or something. I want one to set on my deck for a while at my new place. The Arena would be a good fit.

Locally a used one was for sale on craigslist but when I called the spa had just been sold earlier in the day. Ya snooze ya lose...