2009 Sundance Chelsee Vs. 2010 Hs Aria

First time post here. Getting ready to take the plunge on a new tub and I have wet tested several now. The 2 reputable dealers here are Sundance and Hot Springs, and from reading the boards here I feel lucky to have these choices. I have tested the Sundance 880 Marin, 880 Capri, and the 780 Chelsee. I didn't see or feel the value on the 880 line and I liked the 4 corner seats in the Chelsee. They also had several other models that I sat in dry. I should probably also mention that I have rhuematoid arthritis so really looking for some strong therapy jets. The chelsee is a 2009 floor model that they said has only been on the floor for a couple weeks (not sure if I totally believe that, but thats not an issue) They want $7200 for the chelsee and this included the upgraded jet covers, cover, steps, ozone, start up chemicals, electic box, and delivery. I was very comfortable in all 4 corner seats and really liked the power of the jets. quite honestly impressed with them. The dealer says their 780 line is comparable to the Hot Spring line for hydrotherapy.

HS - I have wet tested a 2010 Aria, 2010 vangard, 2010 Envoy, and 2010 jettsetter. I fit the best in the Aria and felt that tub had the best jet pressure (more feels best to me) Seemed about the same as the sundance chelsee on water oomph. Their bottom line is $8699 on the aria (includes delivery, steps, cover, ozone, electric box, starter chemicals. I also liked the dealer better at the HS shop......although I really don't have anything negative to say about the sundance dealer, but I just got better feeling of being taken care of at HS. They HS dealer says the sundance 780 would be a step down in tubs.

My dilema is whether the better feeling I get from the HS dealer and a newer tub is worth the 1500 difference? The aria has a lounger and the chelsee doesn't and I really didn't have a preferrence there. The HS dealer said they guaranteed that the electric cost to operate would be about half of the sundance spa.....not sure how they could guarantee, but said they would put in writing. They also said cost of chemicals would be lower due to the 100% no-bypass filtering. If money and space aren't an issue for this deal......I would love to hear your opinions if the HS Aria would be better tub then the 2009 Sundance Chelsee? Would I recoup the monthly operating cost difference or do you think they really would be comparable. Any other feedback that could help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.

This is almost the exact issue I had a few weeks ago. Search my name for the post.

I wet-tested a Vanguard, and a Chelsea, along with the lounger models of each in the same price range (can't remember the names). In the end I chose the Sundance Chelsea because I liked it better, on top of the fact is was $1500 cheaper. I felt the Sundance jets were stronger, and I think it has 2.5 hp pumps vs 2.0 for the Vanguard. I was very tempted to buy a 2009 HS Grandee for $8800 from that dealer because of the size, but I didn't. That is a nice spa. The HS dealer was tossing in some Cancun for Vegas trip as well, though I didn't look at the details.

Even if I liked the spas equally, then what would be the justification to spend more $ if I liked the dealers equally? Both brands are good and from what I have read here on this forum maintenance/durabilty issues are not a difference maker between the two. Appearance wise I did like the HS better but I'm not big into that. I like performance and cash in my pocket.

Beware of the BS power consumption claims and since I don't like to be BS'd that may steer me away from that dealer. Yeah, put it in writing; like how would you prove them wrong? Buy a Sundance and run it side by side for a month with a the HS with a dedicated meter on each? And, the math doesn't add up for their claim comparing HP and the amount of insulation each spa has (basically equal). C'mon. The Sundance has 100% filtering on one of their pumps I believe, and only bypasses I think on the second pump. The cirulation pump never bypasses. This was not a deal breaker to me.

BTW, I thought I was getting a good deal with the same as you on a 2010 Chelsea at $7400, minus the GFCI box and stainless jet covers. I think you are doing pretty good here on this deal. Take care.

First time post here. Getting ready to take the plunge on a new tub and I have wet tested several now. The 2 reputable dealers here are Sundance and Hot Springs, and from reading the boards here I feel lucky to have these choices. I have tested the Sundance 880 Marin, 880 Capri, and the 780 Chelsee. I didn't see or feel the value on the 880 line and I liked the 4 corner seats in the Chelsee. They also had several other models that I sat in dry. I should probably also mention that I have rhuematoid arthritis so really looking for some strong therapy jets. The chelsee is a 2009 floor model that they said has only been on the floor for a couple weeks (not sure if I totally believe that, but thats not an issue) They want $7200 for the chelsee and this included the upgraded jet covers, cover, steps, ozone, start up chemicals, electic box, and delivery. I was very comfortable in all 4 corner seats and really liked the power of the jets. quite honestly impressed with them. The dealer says their 780 line is comparable to the Hot Spring line for hydrotherapy.

HS - I have wet tested a 2010 Aria, 2010 vangard, 2010 Envoy, and 2010 jettsetter. I fit the best in the Aria and felt that tub had the best jet pressure (more feels best to me) Seemed about the same as the sundance chelsee on water oomph. Their bottom line is $8699 on the aria (includes delivery, steps, cover, ozone, electric box, starter chemicals. I also liked the dealer better at the HS shop......although I really don't have anything negative to say about the sundance dealer, but I just got better feeling of being taken care of at HS. They HS dealer says the sundance 780 would be a step down in tubs.

My dilema is whether the better feeling I get from the HS dealer and a newer tub is worth the 1500 difference? The aria has a lounger and the chelsee doesn't and I really didn't have a preferrence there. The HS dealer said they guaranteed that the electric cost to operate would be about half of the sundance spa.....not sure how they could guarantee, but said they would put in writing. They also said cost of chemicals would be lower due to the 100% no-bypass filtering. If money and space aren't an issue for this deal......I would love to hear your opinions if the HS Aria would be better tub then the 2009 Sundance Chelsee? Would I recoup the monthly operating cost difference or do you think they really would be comparable. Any other feedback that could help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.

The electronics in the Sundance 880 series and the electronics in the HS tub are much higher quality than the electronics in the Chelsee.

John

The electronics in the Sundance 880 series and the electronics in the HS tub are much higher quality than the electronics in the Chelsee.

John

N1oty - Could you please clarify what you mean by higher quality? Better compoonents? Less likely to fail? Thanks!

Sundance and Hot Spring are both very good spa brands. I don't think you'd be completely mistaken going either way. However, I definitely lean towards Hot Spring over all. Of course, I also sell Hot Spring competitively against a local Sundance dealer. But, from personal experience as well as customer feedback, Hot Spring I think is overall the better buy when it comes to total quality, reliability, and energy efficiency. This is my opinion, based on experience, so don't go asking me for charts and graphs. ;)

There's a lot to say about your dealer though. If you honestly feel more comfortable with the Hot Spring dealer, I'd say that should weigh somewhat heavily in your buying decision. Ultimately, any assistance you need in the future is going to come from the dealer you bought the spa from.

The other great option with the 2010 Aria is the new ACE Salt Water Sanitizing System. You don't have to add this system when you first buy (you can add it later). But it's a great option for being able to use soft water, and have an automated sanitizing system working for you.