Anyone Seen Their Local Costco Sell Other Local Spas?

cpuKEN

There's a local dealer that will be displaying/selling at our local Costco within a few days. I was curious if anyone else had seen this before and what to look out for... I'm assuming if I purchase from this road show of sorts, that I'll get some special Costco pricing as well as Costco return privileges... Maybe the good Costco price, good return warranty and local support.

This particular dealer sells Sundance, HotSpring and Jucuzzi. For some reason I think this will only apply to the Sundance brand though. I won't know for sure until I get there on Friday.

What do you guys think?

Ken

There's a local dealer that will be displaying/selling at our local Costco within a few days. I was curious if anyone else had seen this before and what to look out for... I'm assuming if I purchase from this road show of sorts, that I'll get some special Costco pricing as well as Costco return privileges... Maybe the good Costco price, good return warranty and local support.

This particular dealer sells Sundance, HotSpring and Jucuzzi. For some reason I think this will only apply to the Sundance brand though. I won't know for sure until I get there on Friday.

What do you guys think?

Ken

I suppose it would be appropriate to reserve judgment until we have more details. You might find best of both worlds. Or this could be a one time partnership to move overstock inventory in a down economy without undermining the dealers own showroom. I for one am curious to see what you find Friday.

Thanks for the post, I've never seen this before at the two Costco's where I shop.

DK117

What do you guys think?

Ken

It's been a long time since we did one of these. As I recall you will get some discount vs. showroom price. You will actually buy the spa through Costco; it will go through the register. However, as a road show, I don't think you get the return policy. Could be wrong. You will get the local dealer support, delivery, etc. There might be some kind of a deal with Sundance for them to have the exclusive at the Costco.

Which Costco is it?

What do you guys think?

Ken

It's been a long time since we did one of these. As I recall you will get some discount vs. showroom price. You will actually buy the spa through Costco; it will go through the register. However, as a road show, I don't think you get the return policy. Could be wrong. You will get the local dealer support, delivery, etc. There might be some kind of a deal with Sundance for them to have the exclusive at the Costco.

Which Costco is it?

Indianapolis, Indiana : Castleton area Costco (we have two Costco's in Indy)

I had visited this dealer's showroom about 3 weeks ago and the only thing they had in our

price range were some used spas... I was hesitant to go used and the wife is dead set against used.

I called the Costco after posting the original message last night and asked to speak to someone

who was familiar with this spa road show. I asked about the Costco return and she assured me

that they will stand behind this sale just like any other Costco purchase. We will check it out

and see what sort of prices they offer and get confirmation on the return policy if we actually

see something we are interested in.

Ken