Chlorine Generator For Spa

ps558

yes i have sold them,,,salt generators and bromine generators......great idea,,,,do not like them,,,have had problems with most,,,,you actually have to test for more items,taking one out of a customers house this week after having for 2 years....way better off with ozone and chloirine

Witch make was it?

yes i have sold them,,,salt generators and bromine generators......great idea,,,,do not like them,,,have had problems with most,,,,you actually have to test for more items,taking one out of a customers house this week after having for 2 years....way better off with ozone and chloirine

I too have pulled them out.

The customer still has to adjust the output, that was my biggest gripe.

If someone makes a self regulating model I'd be interested in installing one. I believe Sundance tried it and it was a dismal failure.

I am using the Nexa spa right now. Took a couple of weeks to figure out the right setting for timing, but it's working great now. I set it up so it goes on for around 10 minutes several times a day. When I go in the tub, I hit the on button. I leave it so that it stays on until it hits the next cycle. The beauty about it is that if I don't touch anything for several days, the chlorine stays at a good level and the tub is ready to use when I am.

Hot Spring just released a new Salt based Chlorine Generating system for their new 2010 Hot Spring models (it's a proprietary system). Pretty unique system as it uses some new diamond technology. Seems pretty promising to be quite honest. We've got a few in the field already, and so far folks are liking them. We've also had an employee using one for a while now and it has worked amazingly well.

Just put one into our showroom a couple weeks ago, have had test soakers, and have yet to add any chlorine to it. :) Looks crystal clear still. We're pretty excited about the implications of a good salt chlorine system being available now.

I am using the Nexa spa right now. Took a couple of weeks to figure out the right setting for timing, but it's working great now. I set it up so it goes on for around 10 minutes several times a day. When I go in the tub, I hit the on button. I leave it so that it stays on until it hits the next cycle. The beauty about it is that if I don't touch anything for several days, the chlorine stays at a good level and the tub is ready to use when I am.

Anyone else with experience using the Nexa brand SWG? Any experience with other specific brand aftermarket products?

The general consensus from other post on this thread seems to be negative about SWGs in general. Of course, if I owned a YUGO, I don't think it would be fair to generalize to all cars made in Europe. Different brands are different. Are they all more trouble than they are worth?

There seems to be very little information on this forum with aftermarket SWGs for spas, like the Nexa brand. It sells for about $300. Competitors seem to sell for about the same price. Here's a link to the Nexa.

I'm interested in getting one. If it cost only $100 I would take the risk and give it a try. However, at $300, I would like some information before I decide.

Thanks,

- Simon