Ozone Question?

razoo125

I have a Cal Quest 2000 ozone generator, and the ozone light on the panel will not turn on anymore. The cartridge is several years old and needs to be changed. Will this have anything to do with the ozone display light refusing to come on? I don't want to buy a new cartridge if I need to buy a whole new ozonator. If I replace the cartridge, should the light come back on???

Thanks!

I have a Cal [Zone] Quest 2000 ozone generator, ... I don't want to buy a new cartridge if I need to buy a whole new ozonator. If I replace the cartridge, should the light come back on???

I have reviewed the manuals at www.calspas.com, and found that this unit is for portable spas, it is UV based, and depends on a solid state ballast (part of the cartridge). Replacing the cartridge *is* replacing ozone generator.

The questions are:

1) is there a fuse that might be blown?

2) is it connected to a circuit that is hot (a lamp or fan turns on here)?

3) what size is your spa? If it is too large, you'll need a bigger unit anyway, working or not.

I'd recommend calling Cal Spas, and asking them what is the largest spa they recommend this unit for, then deciding what to do. :ph34r:

If it's a UV ozone the bulb will only last about a year. You need to replace it whether it's burning or not.

Invest in a CD ozone.

I believe the light will turn back on. I have a CalSpa and was told the light not working is what informs you it's time to replace the cartridge. I think it's only $40.

If it's a UV ozone the bulb will only last about a year. You need to replace it whether it's burning or not.

Invest in a CD ozone.

I believe the light will turn back on. I have a CalSpa and was told the light not working is what informs you it's time to replace the cartridge. I think it's only $40.

I bought a CD ozonator and wil install it when it comes in. Does anyone know if the ozone light on the control panel will come back on even though I am replacing a UV OEM with a CD aftermarket? Just want to know if my light will come back on the display.

Thanks!

Invest in a CD ozone.

I bought a CD ozonator and wil install it when it comes in. Does anyone know if the ozone light on the control panel will come back on even though I am replacing a UV OEM with a CD aftermarket? Just want to know if my light will come back on the display.

Thanks!

does anyone know?