Ozone Question

Brianmonty

I just purchased a used 2004 Dimension One Lotus Bay.

They delivered it yesterday and I have a question regarding the Ozone (which is brand new). It is not a constant flow of bubbles coming out, more a spattering of bubbles coming out, similar to puffing smoke - but they are bubbles, not smoke :)

Also, there is a lot of debris floating in the pool, looks like dead skin. I initially thought it was from the initial water fill, but after thinking about it not sure how that would come from a municipal water source.

My Caldera has a constant stream of bubbles. You may need to clean the Venturi piece with some Vinegar?

As for the debris. Did you Decontaminate and flush the spa before the current fill?

I would suggest to look up posts by Nitro and follow his guide for this procedure. What is there may be some kind of debris left in pipes of the system and no telling for sure what it is.

Just my opinion.... Im sure others will wade in soon and help.

Depending on the consistency of the "dead skin" flakes, it could be organic material, some type of bio-film. This can develop in a spa which hasn't been sanitized properly over time, or if a spa has been empty with any residual moisture in the plumbing even. We like to run some Spa System Flush or similar product through the hot tub before draining it to help remove any of that build-up as a very small part of our refurbishment process on pre-owned spas.

BigDfromTN's Caldera likely has a circulation pump in it, supplying a steady flow of water, which in turn helps create a steady flow of ozone bubbles. Many other spas use a 2 speed jet pump for filter cycles and heat cycles. So the flow of bubbles won't be the same consistency.

However, as BigDfromTN mentioned, the injector point for the ozone may need a routine treatment with Vinegar to make sure there's no hard water (calcium) build up blocking the injection point.

Depending on the consistency of the "dead skin" flakes, it could be organic material, some type of bio-film. This can develop in a spa which hasn't been sanitized properly over time, or if a spa has been empty with any residual moisture in the plumbing even. We like to run some Spa System Flush or similar product through the hot tub before draining it to help remove any of that build-up as a very small part of our refurbishment process on pre-owned spas.

BigDfromTN's Caldera likely has a circulation pump in it, supplying a steady flow of water, which in turn helps create a steady flow of ozone bubbles. Many other spas use a 2 speed jet pump for filter cycles and heat cycles. So the flow of bubbles won't be the same consistency.

However, as BigDfromTN mentioned, the injector point for the ozone may need a routine treatment with Vinegar to make sure there's no hard water (calcium) build up blocking the injection point.

Yes JeremiahR, Mine does have a 24hr circ pump.

Thanks for the confirmation of my thinking.

its probably calcium buildup. before you drain the tub next time put a bottle of spa flush in the tub, or a comparable product, to clean out the lines. your sporadic bubbles could be a result of the calcium building up in the mazzi injector or down at the jet. the flakes are buildup on the inside of the pipes and its going to take more than one dose of spa flush to clean it all out.