Elite By Maax Spas?

nibbs

I find it Fasinating that you foam filled d1 and hot springs lovers can say post after post that foam filled is soooo much more energy efficient then open cavity. yet when anybody or any report comes out that discredit that you jump up and down at how wrong it is.

Yes I Like MAAX spa and several other open cavity spas so I am bias. Thats because I live and work in a cold climate and I see frozen spas all the way from october to march

and if for what ever reason your spa leaks or stops working it is much easier to a. stop the freezing in a open cavity spa then a foam filled spa. and b. to repair freeze up damage spa onsite.

Not once in this thread did anyone say which insulation method was superior over the others. I also live in a very cold climate (Northern Minnesota) I to see both types of insulation and the differences between them. 95% or better of my repair work is in the equipment bay. There, FF or TP makes no difference. But one thing I can tell you from my 20+ years experience. Our Coleman/Maxx dealer went out of business because there style of insulating was not as energy effecient as it could be. It was OK, no one said it wasn't OK. However there was better out there. It's OK for you to be bias. I also am Bias to about 10 or so other brands over Maxx. And D1 happens to be MY personal favorite. It doesn't have to be yours or anyone elses. I think they are very innovative, energy effecient and have a strong reputation for reliability and longevity and are a top notch company from my research. And I could care less what kind of insulation method they chose to use. I put Arctic in my top 5 and they do it completely different. And Hydropool.

I find it Fasinating that you foam filled d1 and hot springs lovers can say post after post that foam filled is soooo much more energy efficient then open cavity. yet when anybody or any report comes out that discredit that you jump up and down at how wrong it is.

Yes I Like MAAX spa and several other open cavity spas so I am bias. Thats because I live and work in a cold climate and I see frozen spas all the way from october to march

and if for what ever reason your spa leaks or stops working it is much easier to a. stop the freezing in a open cavity spa then a foam filled spa. and b. to repair freeze up damage spa onsite.

Just go take a science class (specifically something relating to thermal physics) and you'll have to change your tune. There are literal, scientifically provable differences between an empty space (which is NOT vacuum sealed) and a fully foamed or fully insulated spa. Something must exist between the spa shell/water and the outside world to retard the loss of heat. An empty cavity which is full of "air" (rather than vacuum sealed and without mass) will transfer heat just as quickly as... air.

Air conducts heat fairly well. This is why most homes have some source of forced air heating system, and on the flip side, why fans can cool a room. It's why most counties or states have some requirements as to R-Values or insulation properties for residential construction. Not many folks leave exterior wall cavities full of "air" in hopes of keeping the house warm/cool.

Did you know that Pepsi also makes Fritos & Lays potato chips?

PROOF that potato chip makers can't make a decent soda!

* D1 making surf boards, or whatever, was in a recent trade mag *

LOL! The funny part is, my wife owns some stock in Coca-Cola, yet we both prefer Pepsi. Go figure... we're supporting our competitor.

You should try the new Chili Cheese flavored Fritos though. Those are pretty good. :)

So your saying you like specifically non foamed, like Maax, Arctic, Sunbelt, Master, Pdc, to just name a few. whats funny is they all have a different idea on what the open chamber means for heating, some say the secondary heat of the main pump ( when it is running ) pushes the heat thru the 1 to 2 inches of foam backing the spa shell, and others claim they use it to keep th chamber heating , and show the opposite of pushing thru but reflecting off. everyone can keep putting why this and that is better. you know everyone has a different way to build the mousetrap.every manufacturer finds there own unique spin....as for calling out D1 and Hot Springs.....boy that is a toughy they have both proven to be leaders in the industry otherwise they would not be around. with the econony tanking like it did i think there is nothing wrong with manufacturers stepping out of there shell to find new markets and be innovative. Surf boards boy if that was your attempt to slam wow ...did it work...D1 works with many other companys . i can't wait to see the surfboard!!!!!! I do sell D1 as well as others, full foam, roxul, open chamber, i sell them and also work in the field on them,,,,i do like the foam sytem better....

just had to add my 2 cents