Looking For Leaks

sdriv

Well my 2002 optima has sprung some sort of leak. I was loosing only about an inch or so every couple of weeks and now it turned into every 4-5 days. I bought the fix a leak and gave it my best shot. Did two treatments then drained and let it cure for 4 days and just refilled tuesday. Well 2 days now and it looks like I'm down an inch :o So my question is before I just start digging through the foam at random is there some process that will help it narrow down the problem area? Any of you who have gone through this please chime in. Thanks

Well my 2002 optima has sprung some sort of leak. I was loosing only about an inch or so every couple of weeks and now it turned into every 4-5 days. I bought the fix a leak and gave it my best shot. Did two treatments then drained and let it cure for 4 days and just refilled tuesday. Well 2 days now and it looks like I'm down an inch :o So my question is before I just start digging through the foam at random is there some process that will help it narrow down the problem area? Any of you who have gone through this please chime in. Thanks

Weather permitting shut it off and let it drain down to the leak if your sure it's not in the equipment bay. When it stops loosing water see whats at the water line.

Weather permitting shut it off and let it drain down to the leak if your sure it's not in the equipment bay. When it stops loosing water see whats at the water line.

Thanks Roger that was my first instinct. My luck it'll go all the way to the foot jets :huh:

Remove panels

Sharpen a dowl stick

poke foam starting high, then a few inches (6") lower.

You will know when the stick is really wet in the leak area.

Suggest you start under the filter cavity.

As I mentionjed in a former post the stop leak did not work on a suction fitting.

Thanks Roger that was my first instinct. My luck it'll go all the way to the foot jets :huh: