Cover Blown Off; Do U Think I Will Have A Problem

decker88

I'm new to the forum and actually just got my 1st hot tub in late November. When I went to Christmas this year, when I returned home after 2 days, the cover had blown off my hot tub. It was really cold and the water had dropped about 6 - 8 inches and there was ice around the sides and jets but the temperature was still around 80 degrees. I refilled the hot tub but now after 9 days the water has dropped about 4 inches. Do you think I may have a leak caused from this? There was already a small leak it appeared in the plumbing and I am hoping this is the cause of this additional leaking. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!!!!! Thanks!!!!

I'm new to the forum and actually just got my 1st hot tub in late November. When I went to Christmas this year, when I returned home after 2 days, the cover had blown off my hot tub. It was really cold and the water had dropped about 6 - 8 inches and there was ice around the sides and jets but the temperature was still around 80 degrees. I refilled the hot tub but now after 9 days the water has dropped about 4 inches. Do you think I may have a leak caused from this? There was already a small leak it appeared in the plumbing and I am hoping this is the cause of this additional leaking. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Did you replace the cover when you came back home? If you're still running it without the cover then you'll certainly lose water by evaporation - especially if you live in a cold climate, not to mention a huge electric bill. If you're losing water with the cover on, then yes, you've got a leak somewhere.