Aquapure 1400 Flow Sensor

sc5.4

There are two types now, one is secured by threads, the other is by union. You must be sure when ordering that you are getting the one that you need. I have heard several people on this forum getting them online for less than going to the corner pool store.

I found out today from Jandy that the screw on threaded sensors are the ones that the old cells have. The "new type" replacement cells are paired up with the non-threaded union sensors. I have been experiencing no flow at times. Cleaned the sensor and was ok for a while. Now, it's giving a 172 and 181 code. I need to see if I can test the front board diagnostics and determine if it's the sensor or board. I'm thinking flow sensor. I have seen a few online, just want to make sure before ordering.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Found the Jandy Replacement Flow Sensor part number for threaded sensor is R0403700. Changed it out, and now I have FLOW and CELL ON. Just a note- when I changed it, I had the power off at the pool timer and at the main box to reset the 172 and 181 codes. When I powered the system back on the same codes and service light were still there. After a couple minutes the codes went away and panel showed normal lights again. Working like a champ now for 3 days.

UPDATE: Found the Jandy Replacement Flow Sensor part number for threaded sensor is R0403700. Changed it out, and now I have FLOW and CELL ON. Just a note- when I changed it, I had the power off at the pool timer and at the main box to reset the 172 and 181 codes. When I powered the system back on the same codes and service light were still there. After a couple minutes the codes went away and panel showed normal lights again. Working like a champ now for 3 days.

That sounds right. Did you find the part online? or near your house?

• 5 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=97641:date=Jan 3 2010, 09:00 PM:name=Pool Clown)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pool Clown @ Jan 3 2010, 09:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=97641"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you could post the link, so others here have a place to purchase the old style, that would help.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There is a few places online once you know the part number. I went with Discount Pool Mart.

<a href="http://www.discountpoolmart.com/product_info.php?products_id=2751&osCsid=qtlt524570un9bqksntmhmfh75" target="_blank">Click Here For Link</a>

What is the best way to clean these sensors?

• 6 months later...