Soft Cover, And/or Cover Lift Question?

HockeyKat

I looked through the forum and could only find information on a Spa Cap cover, so sorry if I am a n00b asking a question that has been asked dozens of times....

Anyhow, my cover has given up the ghost. I was looking on ebay and came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-DIRECT-BEST-SO...=item359fd4e619

I have never seen such a thing! Is this any good? I live in central NC, and it rarely gets below freezing here. However, it is very humid and our cover rotted away within 4 years.

Also, assuming we are to go with a traditional cover, any tips on cover lifts? We built one ourselves and it was rather a fail. Our cabinet is made of wood and it isn't in the best shape, so we would prefer one that didn't require cabinet mounting.

Thanks!

I looked through the forum and could only find information on a Spa Cap cover, so sorry if I am a n00b asking a question that has been asked dozens of times....

Anyhow, my cover has given up the ghost. I was looking on ebay and came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-DIRECT-BEST-SO...=item359fd4e619

I have never seen such a thing! Is this any good? I live in central NC, and it rarely gets below freezing here. However, it is very humid and our cover rotted away within 4 years.

Also, assuming we are to go with a traditional cover, any tips on cover lifts? We built one ourselves and it was rather a fail. Our cabinet is made of wood and it isn't in the best shape, so we would prefer one that didn't require cabinet mounting.

Thanks!

Hockey,

Check out www.covervalet.com they make many different kinds of lifts and are a pretty well known brand. As for the other thing I am not completely sure I'm sure someone on here has some ideas.

Thanks,

Chad

I don't have any experience with that cover, but it looks like a POS. They don't show you any pictures of the cover off the tub, or of how the cover is constructed, and they want you to send them $175? Plus, with their awesome NO RETURNS FOR ANY REASON policy, how can you go wrong? Send me $150 and I'll ship you a tarp, some tie-down straps, and some trash bags that you can fill with air, and you'll probably have the same effect.

That looks like something you should stay away from, unless you have an indoor tub in a very warm environment. I don't think it will give you any insulation value at all. You'll be watching your money float away with all the heat loss that your tub will experience.

I don't have any experience with that cover, but it looks like a POS. They don't show you any pictures of the cover off the tub, or of how the cover is constructed, and they want you to send them $175? Plus, with their awesome NO RETURNS FOR ANY REASON policy, how can you go wrong? Send me $150 and I'll ship you a tarp, some tie-down straps, and some trash bags that you can fill with air, and you'll probably have the same effect.

That looks like something you should stay away from, unless you have an indoor tub in a very warm environment. I don't think it will give you any insulation value at all. You'll be watching your money float away with all the heat loss that your tub will experience.

Thanks for the advice! I decided to buy a traditional cover, and go with the 5" to 3" taper this time. Maybe it will last a little longer than the last one.

Our wood cabinet/skirting has seen better days, anyhow, so anything that relies on a tie-down approach is likely to not work very well.

As to cover lifts... we could go with anything but the cover caddy (it would cover up the bay). I think almost anything will require us to reinforce, though.