Pump For Draining Out Hot Tub

sl3238

If you don't have a drain plug, you can get any submersible pump to do the job. The higher the GPH, the faster it will drain the tub... and your wallet! Maybe a better question for your question would be: How fast do you want/need your tub to drain?

Then you can work the numbers yourself. How many gallons the tub holds then see how many GPM you need to achieve to drain it in the time you have predetermined then apply the budget for the project, etc, etc, etc.

Can anyone recommend a pump for draining my Sundance Chelsee? How big a unit (GPH) should i buy?

I have an ultra cheap solution....I siphon it out with the hose on my wet/dry shop vac.

I start up the vac and start sucking....once the siphon is started, I unplug the vac, and then disconnect the hose from the vac.

Then I direct it into all the downspouts that I took off the house and connected together.

I just let it run into my back yard.

Takes about 5 minutes to drain the tub.

Can anyone recommend a pump for draining my Sundance Chelsee? How big a unit (GPH) should i buy?

I have an ultra cheap solution....I siphon it out with the hose on my wet/dry shop vac.

I start up the vac and start sucking....once the siphon is started, I unplug the vac, and then disconnect the hose from the vac.

Then I direct it into all the downspouts that I took off the house and connected together.

I just let it run into my back yard.

Takes about 5 minutes to drain the tub.

Wow, that is a great solution. We have been creating the same effect by inserting a running hose, attaching another hose while in the water, then detaching. The shop vac likely creates a much better version.

Ours is on a patio with a retaining wall about 2 feet away, and a creek behind, so I wouldn't have to mess with the downspouts, although I do have some extra lying around if needed.