Atricspa Ottawa

batmank2j4c5

Just go a brand new Cub... Two days later is leaking, water inside.. OK its new maybe something simple.

OMG...try to get service... 4 days later (on a brand new tub) "We'll get to it when we get to it attitude".

From a sales point of view do they not know that the experiences of new owners sell more tubs

than anything... All of our friends are now turned off Articspa...

I am still trying to get a striaght anser as to when, my call today was maybe today, maybe tommorw...

I hear ya brother...I had similar issues with a new Jacuzzi from Jacuzzi Calgary.

After about 6 weeks of BS and stall tactics, I was able to return the tub and got a new Sundance. The support I have received form the Sundance dealer here Calgary has been first-rate and the Maxxus is a much better tub than the J-480 (IMHO).

If this is happening already, I can't help but wonder what you are in for down the road. Can you return the tub and go with a different brand / better dealer?

I hear ya brother...I had similar issues with a new Jacuzzi from Jacuzzi Calgary.

After about 6 weeks of BS and stall tactics, I was able to return the tub and got a new Sundance. The support I have received form the Sundance dealer here Calgary has been first-rate and the Maxxus is a much better tub than the J-480 (IMHO).

If this is happening already, I can't help but wonder what you are in for down the road. Can you return the tub and go with a different brand / better dealer?

I'll give a few more days, then I put a complaint into VISA, and that will cuase then problems with the payment.

I'll give a few more days, then I put a complaint into VISA, and that will cuase then problems with the payment.

So they came today, say its fixed, but didn't bother to darian the water out that was in side the cabinet.

I did, lets see if it is really fixed?

Will report soon.

I've had similar problems with Arctic Ottawa. They did not know how to install the cover lifter sold with the tub, and the electrical connection failed inspection. The sales folks were pretty good though, and gave me some $$ back to compensate for the installation (I managed to figure out how to put it together myself). If the inspector did not open the tub for the electrical inspection, you may want to take a look, even I could tell it was done by someone that didn't know what they were doing.

Saying all that, we've been happy with the tub itself (Coyote Drifter delivered in August).

Don

So they came today, say its fixed, but didn't bother to darian the water out that was in side the cabinet.

I did, lets see if it is really fixed?

Will report soon.

Just go a brand new Cub... Two days later is leaking, water inside.. OK its new maybe something simple.

OMG...try to get service... 4 days later (on a brand new tub) "We'll get to it when we get to it attitude".

From a sales point of view do they not know that the experiences of new owners sell more tubs

than anything... All of our friends are now turned off Articspa...

I am still trying to get a striaght anser as to when, my call today was maybe today, maybe tommorw...

Hello,

I am sorry for the troubles you are having with your new spa. I am sure it is something simple as we go through a pretty extensive testing procedure on spas. Has a technician come out yet? If you send me your spa serial number I can look into it and see what I can do to help.

Kind regards,

James

Same experience here with Arctic Ottawa. Sales = good, service = bad.

Had to call in FOUR times just to get someone to return my call. Either the receptionist doesn't give messages, or the technician doesn't care to respond. Either way, I got the same "whatever" attitude you guys mentioned. Very disappointed with that.

Interesting that you mentioned the cover lifter issue. One of my problems was that I didn't think the cover lifter was installed properly because it was causing my Eon cabinet to bow out on each side (so much so, that there is at least an inch of gap, allowing for rain/snow to get in). When the tech finally returned my call and came out, he said it was normal and left right away.

Now I'm beginning to doubt that very much....Maybe I'll take some photos and send them off to Head Office so they can be the judge.

Had to call in FOUR times just to get someone to return my call. Either the receptionist doesn't give messages, or the technician doesn't care to respond. Either way, I got the same "whatever" attitude you guys mentioned. Very disappointed with that.

Interesting that you mentioned the cover lifter issue. One of my problems was that I didn't think the cover lifter was installed properly because it was causing my Eon cabinet to bow out on each side (so much so, that there is at least an inch of gap, allowing for rain/snow to get in). When the tech finally returned my call and came out, he said it was normal and left right away.

Now I'm beginning to doubt that very much....Maybe I'll take some photos and send them off to Head Office so they can be the judge.

Hey Bash,

We offer a universal lift for Eon cabinets which do not screw to the plastic panels. We do not recommend other lifts for precisely the problem you are mentioning. I suggest talking with Geoff or Mike the owners of the store and see what they can do to solve the problem. If you don't get anywhere, let me know, and I will see if a call from me will help.

Kind regards,

J

Interesting thread....

about 1 yr ago we purchased a Tundra from Ottawa location at Merivale Road. Great experience during the purchase process. Installation went along as planned until they installed the cover on the wrong side. No problem - they moved it to the correct position with a smile before they finished.

We are an hour out of the city and since I am "hands on" I would be able to make adjustments as required to reduce service calls and trips for the service department.

First month found GFI tripping on occasion- discovered condensation dripping onto the cord end and causing the problem. So I relocated the device to stop the ground fault. Worked flawless ever since.

Tub came with "Ozen" system and I would continually clean the plates to remove the build up. Have recently read about this problem so called monday Nov. 23rd for advice. Mike was not in so CSR answered call and suggested they visit to upgrade the system. Would not and could not give me a date or time, just left it as they would show up someday, but they would call me to let me know when they were on their way.

Asked if they could deliver supplies when they come out? "Not likely as the techs do not come into the office before going to calls".

Ouch! a warranty call with the opportunity to sell chemicals with extra filters and they turned it down...??.....

Still waiting for the techs to show up... still waiting for the call they are on the way......it is now friday nite... guess I will go out and soak with a ice cold beer....

If it is the cover lifter that slides underneath the tub, I would not be surprised if it isn't put in right. I used to have a link to the website for it (Tom formerly of Arctic sent it to me). If you search for artic and cover lifter on this forum you might find it. They tried to install it twice, the second time, they just removed my stairs and shoved the tub over so that it 'appeared' to work, you might have gotten the same treatment. The explanation after that point was that the cover lifter was a 'piece of sh*t' and shouldn't have been sold in the first place.

Saying all that, I did manage to figure it out on my own, and the sales folks did help.

Don

• 2 months later...

This is why it is important to also research the retailer who also sells you the product. You can have the best product in the world but with BAD SERVICE it taints the product. Most Spa Manufactors do little background checking into there dealers. Unlike the car industry which rates the dealers independently for service.