Tri-fold Cover For Hs Vista

TideJoe

I got my tub in place this weekend and as I suspected, the cover is too big to use with my lifter (not enough vertical clearance under porch). I have a lifter like this one:

accessories_cover_cradle_retractable800.jpg

Anyone know of a tri-fold or quad-fold cover that will work with this lifter?

Just so you know any modifications or use of a different brand of cover lifter void the cover warranty. Kinda sucks Watkins does this, read your warranty info

I got my tub in place this weekend and as I suspected, the cover is too big to use with my lifter (not enough vertical clearance under porch). I have a lifter like this one:

accessories_cover_cradle_retractable800.jpg

Anyone know of a tri-fold or quad-fold cover that will work with this lifter?

Just so you know any modifications or use of a different brand of cover lifter void the cover warranty. Kinda sucks Watkins does this, read your warranty info

I just bought this Vista used so I have no warranty anyway (despite it being a 2007). The tub is surrounded by the house on 3 sides and has a roof above it so the cover doesn't have to be super tough...... I just need to find one (or modify this one) to work with limited vertical headroom.

There are ways you can order a cover for the spa made with a tri-fold setup. We did this on one occasion for a customer install for a customer. Trick is however, finding a cover manufacturer who will do so directly to a customer, and do it properly.

Doing a tri-fold setup, you may not be able to use the cover lifter anymore either.

Doing a tri-fold setup, you may not be able to use the cover lifter anymore either.

Correct if you buy a replacement. HotSpring covers have metal plates in the cover for the Cover Cradle to attach to. I couldn't find the picture of the guy that had it done at the marine upholstery shop, but like I said before it looks great and he uses the Cover Cradle. After jogging my memory I remember that the extra fold was only about a foot and a half from the front, just enough to clear the ceiling.

There are ways you can order a cover for the spa made with a tri-fold setup. We did this on one occasion for a customer install for a customer. Trick is however, finding a cover manufacturer who will do so directly to a customer, and do it properly.

Well, I can't use my lifter at all right now and getting the cover off is pretty cumbersome for one person. I'm going to call some of these cover manufacturers and see if they can make something that my lifter will mount to.