Favorite Spa Surface & Jet Cleaner?

Mark Davis

I need to clean the jet cavity and the surface of my inherited Maax 471.

What are your favorites?

I'm cleaning the spa as part of a decontamination from the previous owner. I've used spa flush a couple of times, shocked it a couple of times, etc (per the decontamination specs posted here), yet I've run the spa now for about a week and continue to see brown biofilm on the pre-filter. Is that normal? I also see another brown film line starting to form...note that I am not using the spa -- just maintaining the thing while I want for my new jet kit, at which time I plan to drain, surface clean, and cavity clean the jets.

I've seen the spa essentials mits...wonder what the active ingredients are??

I saw the Brilliance HCL.

I have spa gloss - yet this seems to seal & shine, rather than clean.

Maax recommended Lysol tub & basin cleaner, Mr. Clean, and Glass+.

I also have the commercial clorox bleach cleaner as well, which is about 100PPM in a spray bottle from what I can tell...

I'd appreciate your insights & recommendations on what you think is the most effective product.

Thanks, -mark

PS. I should note that I searched the forum and didn't find a lot of info on this.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works really well on cleaning the spa shell after it's been drained, you'll need to rinse off all soapy residue afterwards of course.

Don't know about the filter still collecting brown film - can only assume you've still got some muck in there. Keep purging until it goes away.

I need to clean the jet cavity and the surface of my inherited Maax 471.

What are your favorites?

I'm cleaning the spa as part of a decontamination from the previous owner. I've used spa flush a couple of times, shocked it a couple of times, etc (per the decontamination specs posted here), yet I've run the spa now for about a week and continue to see brown biofilm on the pre-filter. Is that normal? I also see another brown film line starting to form...note that I am not using the spa -- just maintaining the thing while I want for my new jet kit, at which time I plan to drain, surface clean, and cavity clean the jets.

I've seen the spa essentials mits...wonder what the active ingredients are??

I saw the Brilliance HCL.

I have spa gloss - yet this seems to seal & shine, rather than clean.

Maax recommended Lysol tub & basin cleaner, Mr. Clean, and Glass+.

I also have the commercial clorox bleach cleaner as well, which is about 100PPM in a spray bottle from what I can tell...

I'd appreciate your insights & recommendations on what you think is the most effective product.

Thanks, -mark

PS. I should note that I searched the forum and didn't find a lot of info on this.

Spa Purge to clean out jets and plumbing, Gel Gloss to clean surface, and magic eraser works good too.