Fix-a-leak

stevestk

I have a 99 Tiger River Bengal. I have a couple of minor leaks for which I would like to try Fix-a-Leak. It says it can plug leaks up to 1/8 inch diameter. What would keep it from plugging the small holes in the heater return fitting in the bottom of the tub. They don't look bigger than 1/8 inch.

I have a 99 Tiger River Bengal. I have a couple of minor leaks for which I would like to try Fix-a-Leak. It says it can plug leaks up to 1/8 inch diameter. What would keep it from plugging the small holes in the heater return fitting in the bottom of the tub. They don't look bigger than 1/8 inch.

It's like hemoglobin :) Excellent product, by the way. Nice choice. I hope it works for your particular leak!

What would keep it from plugging the small holes in the heater return fitting in the bottom of the tub. They don't look bigger than 1/8 inch.

The suction covers may have a set screw that if taken out, the cover will come off. Then reinstall when done.

We have had Hot Spring and Tiger River owners use it without removing screen with no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Working great so far. Thanks for the replies.

Hey Steve,

I am just getting ready to drain this from my tub. It worked for me too ... Yahoo !!

Did it make a mess when you drained it out? I had some on the outside of the tub before it had fixed the leak and it was kind of like soft jello. I am not anxious to have 300 gallons of jello in my yard.

Please advise. Any other tips?

I didn't drain the tub. Per talking to the manufacturer, I put the filter back in and ran the pump and cleaned the filter a couple of times. I didn't actually notice any residual sealer. How much did you use? I used 8 ounces.

Interesting ! The stuff I read in several different places stated empty spa and let sit for 24-48 hrs to set. - in one place it said that if it had been leaking for awhile (as mine had) they recommended letting it sit empty for 4 or 5 days as the wet foam might slow the setting process. (Though I did note that it didn't suggest you emptied pools.)

But if you talked to the manufacturer then I guess you can't get any better info than that! Did they feel it would set up even without the drying period in general or was that just related to where your leak was?

I will likely drain the tub anyway as it is about due and if I do it now I shouldn't have to worry about it till spring, but it's good to know that the 'setting time' doesn't appear to be critical.

As my spa is small, I only used 4 oz. I think I'll try to get an extra length of hose to run it outside the fence just in case.

Thanks much for your input!

linda in NH