Artic Spa Salt System

Dano

please let me know what you guys think, I have a artic spa summit with the salt system on order, the dealer told me to go for the salt system as its the best system, but after reading a few posts I am a little nervous, I could still change it and go with a different system What should I do I have very little time to change the order

Dano, I suggest you reach out to James on here...he has replied to a few posts...he works for the manufacturer and may have a better answer for you. Several of us have a very bitter taste so far but if they have managed to fix/resolve the issue in newer builds you are set and correct that the salt system should be the way to go.

I think every "system" or tub will have its issues...for me its service and response really.

please let me know what you guys think, I have a artic spa summit with the salt system on order, the dealer told me to go for the salt system as its the best system, but after reading a few posts I am a little nervous, I could still change it and go with a different system What should I do I have very little time to change the order

The dealer in my area very strongly DISCOURAGES the onzen system right now. Been too many problems for them, warranty etc. They say to wait and add the system later on, once the problems are worked out. They say that's the beauty of their insulation, you can add components to your Arctic tub anytime. Ultimately, I went with Jacuzzi.

Hi Dano,

Firstly thank you for your decision to go with our product. I currently have an Onzen-equipped Summit residing in my backyard and my family is enjoying it thoroughly. To be honest, I have gotten a little lazy because of the system - I really don't do anything, change out the filter every few months and plan to dump the water when things warm up in the spring. I am aware that some have had issues with Onzen, however worldwide it has been a very low percentage. IMHO forums do amplify the negative out there - I think the uniqueness of Arctic generally, and Onzen in this case, makes us an easier target. My suggestion is to have a frank conversation with the dealer in your area, educated yourself as to its proper operation, and then enjoy. Please do keep in touch, with both the ups and downs that you may encounter. We are committed to supporting our customers... Take care..

Vern

Onzen is a dual component system, salt water chlorine/bromine(depending on type of salt used) generator and ozone.

So instead of a floating dispenser with bromine tabs the generator produces the bromine. Nothing else changes as far

as your water chemistry goes, you still need to balance the water and shock.

Hope that helps. :)