Low Pump Current Draw

Joemp

I have a Sundance Majesta in there 880 series. I have a problem with the lights shutting down and then the pumps shutting down from what I think is a thermal shutoff. As I diagnose the problem, the voltages are all good. However the current draw to both pumps are very low. It is 0.6 amps when 11.2 amps is expected. The volume and strength of the flow both seem good. I do see air bubbles in the recirculating tubing. I wonder if I am pumping a lot of air and that is the reason for the low current? Also, one section of the recirculation 1" tubing looks pretty severly kinked?

Any ideas of what I should do to solve this problem?

I have a Sundance Majesta in there 880 series. I have a problem with the lights shutting down and then the pumps shutting down from what I think is a thermal shutoff. As I diagnose the problem, the voltages are all good. However the current draw to both pumps are very low. It is 0.6 amps when 11.2 amps is expected. The volume and strength of the flow both seem good. I do see air bubbles in the recirculating tubing. I wonder if I am pumping a lot of air and that is the reason for the low current? Also, one section of the recirculation 1" tubing looks pretty severly kinked?

If the kink is severe, fix that first, even if you need to split the hose and install a 45 or 90 degree barbed coupling.

John

I don't think pumps will even run on that low an amperage, better check those numbers again. Could be the circ pump alone would draw 0.6 and the bubbles are from the ozonator.