Arctic Spa Low Level Programming!?!?!?!

Edweirdo

I'm having SEVERAL issues at the moment with my Arctic Spa. In the meantime, while I already have addressed my concerns to practically everyone working for them, why can I not get a decent answer when it comes to what these low level programs do!?!?! It's like trying to bathe a fish! We. along with others, spent good money on these spas, but god FORBID any one of us knowing what these codes mean!! Every time I've asked about it, it's all like, " ohh, you don't really need to concern yourself with these codes. They won't mean anything to you", etc etc etc!! Well, they DO mean something to ME!!!! I spend billions of dollars on one and I'm not even allowed to know all that it does or can do?? WTF is that! As it is, when ever I DO have a problem, there isn't anyone a million miles to ask anymore! For example, when this summer began, I lowered my thermostat over 6 degrees below the temp showing on the display. Then it started acting funny when I'd change settings. It was only THEN I finally got an answer to one of the settings, the 'FH'. I just wish the company would just list and describe what each of these functions do! We PROMISE to be adults about it all and not randomly push buttons! Just list them please!

(can ya tell I'm an irate customer??....... :angry: )

Eddie

P.S. They may have listed it in this forum before, but god only KNOWS I no longer have the patience to look for it.

Hi Edweirdo,

Love your user name btw. My aunt always used to call me that when I was little. Anyways, your dealer was right for the most part. There really isnt a reason to get in and change any of the low level programming unless you are referring to the Onzen system. But, I may be a little over a million miles away, but I would be glad to help with any of the low level programming questions you might have. Basically in a nutshell what most of those codes mean or do is to program you pack to run your spa. They can change the settings on your pumps, blower, filtration, etc. Thats it really. Is there something specific you are wanting to know?

Waterboy

(Edweirdo)

Hi Edweirdo,

Here is the write up on our low level programming. I hope it helps. I am sorry for your troubles. If there is anything I can do, feel free to PM me. Kind regards. J

The purpose of low level programming is to allow specific optional components to be enabled and disabled. Originally controlled by physical jumpers on the motherboard, space restrictions and component changes provided the need for further versatility. Any Arctic Spa produced since Dec. 2003, will have low level programming.

To access the low level programming, hold the filtration key on the topside control down for 20 seconds. You will be led through a sequence of parameters as follows:

Blower BLx 0=Not Installed 1= Installed Pump#2 P2x 0=Not Installed 1=Installed Pump#3 P3x 0=Not Installed 1=Installed Circ.Pump CPx 0=Not Installed 1=Installed on 24hrs. 2=Installed stop 2 degrees over

Clean Filter CFx 0=Disabled 1=Enabled Cooling Cycle CCx 0=Disabled 1=Cooling device 2=Blower 3=Both Filter Cycle FCx 0=Filtration Stops 2 degrees Over set point 1=Filtration stops at 112 degrees

A couple of important notes, first, the cooling cycle indicates a cooling device. At this time we do not offer such a device. However, if the spa is equipped with therapy air, you should change the setting to 2. This will activate the blower when the temperature rises above 2 degrees of the set point. The blower will assist in cooling the water. Second, you will notice that you can force your filtration to run even if the set temperature is exceeded (up to 112 degrees) by programming FC2. I suggest that you do not do this as it may cause unwanted HL errors.

Thank you James!!!!!

As far as Pm'ing you, well, I will forward you a letter I have already sent.......

:)

Hi Edweirdo,

Here is the write up on our low level programming. I hope it helps. I am sorry for your troubles. If there is anything I can do, feel free to PM me. Kind regards. J

The purpose of low level programming is to allow specific optional components to be enabled and disabled. Originally controlled by physical jumpers on the motherboard, space restrictions and component changes provided the need for further versatility. Any Arctic Spa produced since Dec. 2003, will have low level programming.

To access the low level programming, hold the filtration key on the topside control down for 20 seconds. You will be led through a sequence of parameters as follows:

Blower BLx 0=Not Installed 1= Installed Pump#2 P2x 0=Not Installed 1=Installed Pump#3 P3x 0=Not Installed 1=Installed Circ.Pump CPx 0=Not Installed 1=Installed on 24hrs. 2=Installed stop 2 degrees over

Clean Filter CFx 0=Disabled 1=Enabled Cooling Cycle CCx 0=Disabled 1=Cooling device 2=Blower 3=Both Filter Cycle FCx 0=Filtration Stops 2 degrees Over set point 1=Filtration stops at 112 degrees

A couple of important notes, first, the cooling cycle indicates a cooling device. At this time we do not offer such a device. However, if the spa is equipped with therapy air, you should change the setting to 2. This will activate the blower when the temperature rises above 2 degrees of the set point. The blower will assist in cooling the water. Second, you will notice that you can force your filtration to run even if the set temperature is exceeded (up to 112 degrees) by programming FC2. I suggest that you do not do this as it may cause unwanted HL errors.

Thank you James!!!!!

As far as Pm'ing you, well, I will forward you a letter I have already sent.......

:)

Hey Edweirdo,

I just realized that there is a change to one part of the low-level programming. CPx can now go from 1 to 6. This controls how long the Onzen system operates. Each increment is equal to 4 hours.

Sorry about missing that.

J

I was looking for this as well...... I am assuming this is for the Mspa Controls??? Mine is an 09 Yukon ultra

Which button to scroll though each setting and which button the change the setting and enter it in... and how do you exit, or do you just leave it on and it accepts the settings... also, do htey have to be re-entered after a power failure?

Thanks

I was looking for this as well...... I am assuming this is for the Mspa Controls??? Mine is an 09 Yukon ultra

Which button to scroll though each setting and which button the change the setting and enter it in... and how do you exit, or do you just leave it on and it accepts the settings... also, do htey have to be re-entered after a power failure?

Thanks

Could be Global or MSPA controls. Both function the same way for low level programming. The filter button scrolls through the settings and the up and down arrows change the settings. When you are done changing the settings, press the filter button to scroll all the way through and the system will reset with the new settings.

Let me know if you need anything else.

James

Much appreciated.... does this stay resident in memory when the power is interrupted, or does the low level programming go to default whenerv there is a power failure.

I checked with one of our technicians here and the low level programming settings will remain at the last setting before a power failure. When powered back up there should be no need to reset them.

Hope that helps.

James