Water Level Decreased An Inch After One Week, Is That Normal?

stillme

Our spa was hooked up last Monday (today being Monday) and has been used 7 days. The spa has been used by 6 people twice, four people twice, 2 people a couple of times and one person a couple of times. The water level is down about an inch or so from when we filled it last week. Is that normal? I haven't read posts about people having to "top" off the spa with more water in between changing the water, but at this rate, the tub would be half full by the time three monts was up. Tomorrow when the sun is out and the lid hasn't been lifted we plan to look around the bottom of the tub to make sure there isn't a leak. Any thoughts will be appreciated. :)

Our spa was hooked up last Monday (today being Monday) and has been used 7 days. The spa has been used by 6 people twice, four people twice, 2 people a couple of times and one person a couple of times. The water level is down about an inch or so from when we filled it last week. Is that normal? I haven't read posts about people having to "top" off the spa with more water in between changing the water, but at this rate, the tub would be half full by the time three monts was up. Tomorrow when the sun is out and the lid hasn't been lifted we plan to look around the bottom of the tub to make sure there isn't a leak. Any thoughts will be appreciated. :)

Some water loss is inevitable, so you do have to add water once in a while. An inch in a week? Not outrageous. There's a lot of evaporative loss whenever the cover is off. And you have a pretty large number of users - each of whome takes some water out of the tub when they exit.

Do check for leaks (I would do this on a new tub no matter what - yours wouldn't be the first new tub with a leak), and also - very important - make sure your cover is sealing well. Check the center seam also - nothing should be getting through there. You should feel a bit of suction when you go to remove the cover, which indicates a good seal to the shell. If all looks fine, I don't think you have a problem.

Some water loss is inevitable, so you do have to add water once in a while. An inch in a week? Not outrageous. There's a lot of evaporative loss whenever the cover is off. And you have a pretty large number of users - each of whome takes some water out of the tub when they exit.

Do check for leaks (I would do this on a new tub no matter what - yours wouldn't be the first new tub with a leak), and also - very important - make sure your cover is sealing well. Check the center seam also - nothing should be getting through there. You should feel a bit of suction when you go to remove the cover, which indicates a good seal to the shell. If all looks fine, I don't think you have a problem.

Thanks for the ideas and for letting me know that an inch a week doesn't sound outrageous. Our tub is a used one, the cover is new, but I don't feel a suction when I go to remove the cover. The person we bought the tub from ordered the cover for us. The cover is bigger than the hot tub. Is that an issue? I have no idea what is normal. I did look for water today at the base of the tub and didn't see any. Help with ideas on my cover would be great. Thanks!